Jake Locker's Play vs. Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Why am I feeling like we just lost a playoff game :disappointed:

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

guys cmon 5 straight 3 and outs say it all. Don't even tell me that every time he throws youre holding on to your seats. His first TD pass the receiver made a great catch.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Because we have a dozen little girls posting at this moment

4. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I just wish he ran more, i mean at least compensate for youre issues. Sadly its almost to this point.

Terrelle Prior > Jake Locker

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Okay okay, he's inconsistent with his accuracy. ;)

Again, I think we have to set a higher standard than "at least he didn't turn the ball over". Sure that's a very good thing. But it's not always enough to win ball games. Especially when you're throwing for < 150 yards per game.

And sure these were two good defenses. But we're not exactly talking about the 85 Bears here either. Rivers threw for 4 TDs on this Texan D last week. And something tells me Andy Dalton throws for a lot more than 125 yards and 0 TDs against the Steelers on Monday night. Locker simply isn't in that class. And those guys aren't even elite QBs.

I don't doubt he will play better at home against lesser defenses. But if we're going to be anything more than 8-8 he needs to play better on the road and against good defenses too. To be fair, I think playcalling today really sucked. But regardless, I think Jake has a long way to go. I don't think anyone outside of BSP and Titan fans view him as a potential franchise QB right now.

• High Five High Five x 6
  6. rodgev

rodgev Starter

The intensity that Both Defenses played with was playoff like and we had this game so it hurt more

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It has that feel to it.

To make so many great plays on defense and to come up short against a division rival whose fans are cocky asswipes who deserve nothing but the worst in life is really tough.

We all thought that game was over when ATV got his pick 6 and the defense followed that up by sacking Schaub and forcing another 3 and out.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Personally I'm really tired of us getting no respect around the league. I know we all go "So what? Who cares what they think?" but it does freaking suck if we're being honest. And beating the Texans today would've put us in the discussion with the AFC elite. Instead it's "same old .500 Titans". That's why this loss hurts so much to me.

Not to mention we'd be in 1st place in the division.

And we could give the Cow fans tons of crap.

• High Five High Five x 6
  9. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

Well on the plus side. At least he did throw 2 Tds no ints and for more yards than last week. Overall improvement but why couldn't they play like they did on the opening drive and that 99 yard drive the whole game? That is what is so frustrating. Flashes of brilliance only to be marred by all those 3 and outs. And to run the same type plays over and over and over.... like several mentioned in the game thread, too predictable... and its true. Hats off to the defense though I thought they looked awesome. They gave up some big plays but that is going to happen at this level.

I also agree with many others that they need no be more aggressive with the playcalling. Offense looked great when playing that way. Riskier for turnovers but on that 99 yard drive we looked superior to the Texan D, and Jake's throws were near perfect I thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar