Jake Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SacredTitan16, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

I would trade CJ and Locker straight up for Russell Wilson

2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Eli was really inaccurate too, but he has had the chance to grow into a pretty good QB. It took him about 3 to 4 years to have that clicking moment. Some QBs get that quicker than others. I wouldn't mind seeing Locker get another chance.

What really scares me is the shoulder surgery that can mess with his potential progress at developing.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

There are many "inaccurate" QB's in the league that have had success. Actually there are only a hand full of passers I consider truly accurate; Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers. Literally all the rest have show accuracy issues.

I'm not saying that Locker will ever be as accurate as Brady, Brees, Manning or Rodgers but he will be accurate enough to succeed for sure.

There are two QB's in particular who I consider fairly accurate that have had a ton of success they are Eli Manning and Ben Rapelisberger. I think Locker may be very similar to them when it's all said and done. He'll put the ball where it needs to be most of the time but every once in awhile you'll say "what the hell was that". One difference I've noticed is many teams seem to have good enough receivers to bail out inaccurate QB's on poor throws. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Eli and Ben bailed out on terrible passes by great plays by their receivers. Sadly we just don't have those type of receivers on our team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Yeah right. Wilson has benefited hugely from an awesome running game, and an amazing defense. He's exceeded my expectations so far, but far from a sure thing at this point.

5. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

You're comparing jake locker to Big Ben and Eli!?! LOL on my phone so I can't drop a good meme. He's more like the Brandon weeden, mark Sanchez, (insert backup journeyman) level of accuracy here.

6. SacredTitan16

SacredTitan16 Starter

like i said i would do all this if i knew how to sorry

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

we'll figure it out eventually, just keep posting!

8. SacredTitan16

SacredTitan16 Starter

i just hate people like that who get off on showing how someone cant write good at all i cant help that i have a disorder.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Stop making excuses for the guy. He got the same excuses in college... and now the NFL. When do we finally admit- the reason he misses wide open WRs (or even when they do catch it by adjusting), it's because he's not a very good passer?

He's simply not.
    This isn't an o-line thing. It's not an OC thing. When you have time, have a WR wide open, and simply miss them more-often than not? That's purely on the QB.

In today's NFL, it doesn't take 3 years to tell if a guy is going to be good or not. Jake, at this point, doesn't even look close.

Eli Manning was on a great enough team that got him through and carried him- we don't have that.

The absolute ceiling for Locker is Tony Romo's level.

And he wont even get to that point.

We need to bring someone else in, and make him compete. Maybe he wins the job- but make him win it. We need a suitable QB. And then, who knows... if he's a backup, maybe he gets his chance in a few years and actually does really well.

I don't want to wait another 3 years hoping he finally turns in to something he never has been.

I'd trade him for quite a few backups in the NFL at this point.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think it's fair to compare him with Kaepernick. Same draft class, with actually having less starts. His decisions are quick, his throws accurate, he's faster and runs smarter. Kaepernick has "it". Locker doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar