Jake Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SacredTitan16, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Locker had no confidence. Call it excuses or whatever you want. The dude has less starts than any of the starting rookie QBs. He had a beat up OL. Terrible OC playcalling. Injuries. I was hoping he'd atleast show us a spark and make a great play every now and then; but it really didn't happen. You can't give up on Locker yet, but thus far i've been disappointed and have zero faith in him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Tim

Tim Starter

One more season.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Every time people doubt Locker he comes back the next game and shows you why he was drafted 8th overall.

The guy is a young QB with little QB experience. Everyone loves comparing him to Dalton, Luck, and Ponder, but the major difference is he didn't play in a pro style offense in college. Wasn't til just a few years ago he was asked to go from a RB (who threw sometimes) to a real QB.

I'm very pleased with his progress along the way.

There's nothing Locker does that makes me think he wont come back better next season. He'll get his shoulder fixed, he'll get better blockers, and his WR's should return to 2011 form. Kenny will be fully healed, Nate will then benefit from being able to be the 2nd guy, and Kendall will have another year under his belt.

If anyone wants to abandon him because his coaches suck, well you're screwing yourselves out of a good player.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I was about to post a link on how to break up a paragraph........ Glad I read through.

Back to the question. A lot of people were down on him from the start. As soon as Locker was picked ESPN went right to Blaine Gabbert's face as if to say "OMG, how could you take a QB other than Gabbert. That is not the way the draft is supposed to go."

They listen to Draft pundits who say Locker should not have gone so high. The same draft pundits who expressed shock that Brady Quinn was not taken higher. The same draft pundits who applauded the 49ers taking Alex Smith over Aaron Rogers. Then there is impatience

Locker was always going to be a project. He needs to be developed much the same way McNair was. In a microwave world though where we watch shows like PTI with 30 second analysis we expect everything right away. We do not want to wait. We want someone to be elite right now.

5. The Hammer

Also, try not to read too much into posts by TitansWillWin2 (I think that is the guy). He seems to have a bizzare obsession with attacking Locker. Probably not healthy. Hope he gets some help.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's really a Texan fan in disguise.

I mean just look at his name "Titans-will-win-2"

He needs to go bother some Jaguars fans, those fools would look at him and be like "how did he know"

7. The Hammer

Either way. It is an unhealthy obsession lol

8. mud

mud Locker Fan Boy

I didn't catch too many games the latter half of the season, but after Washington and Seattle had success with the Read Option, I was wondering if the Titans had tried to incorporate it. Anyone see any new life into the O schemes? We might not have the line, but I would think having a fast back in CJ, and a fast QB, this would open up some options.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The ignore button is your friend. He was the first person I had to use it on lol

10. The Hammer

I probably should. At first it was amusing to see. But now it is just repetative. I can spot a thread he has created before I even click on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar