Jake Locker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by QGP, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

http://1500espn.com/sportswire/Peli..._if_Jake_Locker_is_Vikings_man_at_No_12041011

2. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Kiper called the titans best fit for him on sportscenter

3. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Itd be nice, but he's not going to fall that far unfortunately

4. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

It's not that simple. also he will likely need more time than the summer to develop

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

just watched ESPN featured highlights on xbox 360, dude on there said he is hearing from within the Titans that they want Jake Locker and are trying to convince the owner he is worth the pick. said it's possible TN might trade down to around the 22nd pick and get him there.

6. 24

24 Starter

What was the video called?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Imagination land.

8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I could definetly see this happening. I have had this feeling we are going to end up with Locker somehow.

I guess a likely trading partner would be the Eagles at 23, but its gonna cost them big time and I'm not interested in Kevin Kolb by the way, even though they will probably try it.

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I'd be fine with Locker at #8 if the team believes he is a "franchise" QB. If they believe there is one in this draft, and he is there at 8, you don't pass. However, if they don't have that kind of grade on him, then you go defense....so something like Locker round 1/Paea round 2, or Fairley round 1/Mallett round 2. I'd be fine with either of these scenarios.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I've had this feeling for a while that Locker will be the pick. The last few days I'm convinced. Every interview I've heard from Munchak, whether it's on the radio, TV, or at sportsfest, he's always talking about how QB is their priority and that he likes mobile QBs. When he's asked about drafting defense he usually gives a short answer and doesn't seem as passionate about talking about it.

From what I've read lately (though I know you're supposed to take articles with a grain of salt) the Titans like Locker, don't want to risk trading down and having Minnesota or Washington grab him, so they're going to take him at 8.

I would MUCH prefer going defense here because we can get a stud and our defense had some major holes last year. I would be really disappointed if we took Locker at 8 and didn't attempt to move down. But my disappoinment would be directed at him, it would be losing out on a better player and no attempt at trying to move down and aquire picks. I think it would actually be exciting to have a new QB, a new face of the francise after what we've been through the last 5 years with VY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar