Jake Locker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by QGP, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah, but the only 43 LB worth taking at #8 is Von Miller... I don't think Von will make it out of the Top-5.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I ask that you read the following users post.

Beautifully said.

3. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Video: Reviewing Jake Locker's pro day

[​IMG]
    Is Washington quarterback Jake Locker in play for the Titans or Jaguars?

Both are checking him out.

Todd McShay says Locker’s pro day execution was excellent and his anticipation and accuracy were better than what shows on tape.

He's intriguing to me, but probably not at No. 8 or No. 16.

How would fans of Tennessee or Jacksonville like Locker?

4. JCBRAVE

I like him more than any other QB in this draft class, but I'm not sure he's the franchise QB we're looking for. I'm hoping he's there at 39, or that we can get him after we pick a stud defensive play maker somehow.

5. 24

24 Starter

^I guess, but you have to understand that people will say anything during this pre-draft process to account for any flaws. I've posted about it before, but Locker's completion % isn't indicative of his accuracy. But, to say he's accurate is wrong. The film doesn't lie, and his ball placement is off on most of his throws. I saw lots of that yesterday as well. There's a difference between getting the ball to his WR and leading his WR. I actually thought his two incompletions were some of his best throws, because at the very least, the defense had no shot at it. I counted at least 16-20 throws where a good defender could have gotten a hand on it.

Right after he threw his passes, they walked up to him.

6. 24

24 Starter

Tyler Yates was 110-112, he must be the best one out of all of them then.

7. JCBRAVE

Yea we know Johnny from UConn, not really what you want tho for your NFL QB.

8. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

His completion percentage may not be a perfect indicator of his physical accuracy, but it is an indicator of his ability to complete passes. And I'm sorry, but I can't see picking a guy who whiffed 46% of the time in college in the first, second, maybe even the third round.

9. Passepartout

Passepartout March Madness!

Locker will be first draft if Cam Newton isn't on there. As the Titans need to have a starter. As Locker could be the starter on opening day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar