1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

Jake Locker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by QGP, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Honestly I'd be happy with Locker, Mallett, or Ponder... in the 2nd round. I don't think there is a QB worth the #8 pick, even Gabbert & Newton.

My QB Ranking:
    Mallett
    Ponder
    Locker
    Newton
    Gabbert
  2. 24

24 Starter

"NFL Network's Charley Casserly hasn't spoken with a single team that would select Washington QB Jake Locker in the first round.

Casserly's two biggest knocks on Locker are accuracy and inconsistency in reading defenses. NFL Network colleague Michael Lombardi pointed to a poor pocket sense as Locker's major weakness. "He looks to run so quickly," said Lombardi. "He feels pressure and gets out of the pocket."
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Incredible similarities between Locker and Kyle Boller.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=169&draftyear=2003&genpos=QB

Boller was 6'3 234
    Ran a 4.61 40

Had a strong arm, maybe even stronger than Locker. Boller as many of you will remember could kneel on one knee at the 50 yard line and throw a ball through the uprights!

Boller like Locker had very mediocre stats at Cal on a team without a great supporting cast.

What do we know about Boller? None of his attributes translated in the nfl. Despite his great arm he has a below average ypa, way below average(5.9) and despite his size and speed Boller was never an effective running QB. I don't remember him even having good escapability.

We do know that Boller has accuracy issues and doesn't read defenses well enough so despite his attributes he has never been anything above a backup caliber guy.
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

I've linked Locker to Boller too. Not the greatest person to compare Locker to, but there are similarities I don't like.
  5. 24

24 Starter

Great comparison. I've thought this before also. Although, Locker may be more accurate, it brings me back to my main point about him: accuracy can't be taught.
  6. 24

24 Starter

Locker's Pro Day is live on ESPN3.
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Anybody able to watch Locker on espn3? I can't... I'd like to know whats happening.
  8. 24

24 Starter

He hasn't done anything yet. Foster just ran 4.67 though. Hopefully, other people will be able to post updates, I won't be able to watch for much longer.
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

I hear only Pete Carroll is there, no other head coaches.
  10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.