Jake Locker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by QGP, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We are probably going to be an 8-8 type team next year so the top 2-3 QBs will not be there for us.

There is an excellent chance that we will have our pick of every QB in the draft at 8 and at least one of the top prospects falls to us in rd 2.

I think we are drafting a QB in one of those rounds.

We could just resign VY after we release him. I mean if Fisher is going to be gone in 2012 anyway.

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

If Locker was considered by most to be a first round pick before the combine, how is he not a top 10 pick now.

Faster than Cam. Accuracy about the same as Cam. Basically every other drill Locker was better...

And yet Cam is the 1 pick overall?(by some)

Don't even get me started on Gabbert. He isn't very fast. He doesn't appear very smart. He has awful accuracy. You can barely judge his accuracy because he only threw more than 10 yards maybe 20 times last year.

I'm telling you, Gabbert found a genie. 1 wish was to be a top 10 pick in the draft. 2 was to have awesome long hair. and let's hope 3 was to be a decent QB, because I'm not seeing it.

PS. People seem to forget just how bad Washington is. They were 0-12 when Locker got hurt his sophmore year.

Locker at 8, get ready

(BTW, sorry for reviving this, but I can't make a new thread, and since there is one..)

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 24

24 Starter

Wrong on the fast thing. Wrong on the smart thing. Wrong on the accuracy thing. He ran a 4.62 at the combine, only .03 slower than Locker. He apparently had the best team interviews on the chalkboard at the combine. And, of the top 4 QBs (Gabbert, Newton, Locker, Mallett), he easily has the best accuracy. And, I don't care about stupid numbers. It takes me 5 seconds to look up his completion percentage, I know all about them. Watch the film, he's the only one (maybe Mallett) with some semblance of touch on his passes.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If Locker was as accurate as Cam he would be the #1 pick. The guy can only crack the 60% completion mark in his dreams.

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Really? People like to look at Cam's recievers and say they are sub par. Take a glimpse at Washington's wide outs.

jake Locker probably has the fastest 40 time on that team.

6. 24

24 Starter

Locker's completion percentage is skewed. His WRs are not good at all. But, he still has glaring accuracy issues. He can't control the velocity of the ball, he has no touch. As far as throwing WRs open, he does do that. He also doesn't have an issue with short passes like most people say. But, he won't be able to drop it in the 7 route though, and I don't think you can teach it.

7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

throwing a go route to a guy who has no speed and can't adjust, is allot different than throwing to Kenny Britt. But, his skill at WR aside...

Accuracy isn't an intangible. If we need a QB to go RIGHT NOW, he probably isn't the guy. but in 2-3 years, he could be an elite QB because he has the physical and mental attributes to do so. Something I don't see in any other QB in the draft.

8. 24

24 Starter

The 7 route is a post route, no matter how skillful that WR is, the QB makes or breaks the execution of that route. The WR basically just has to be there. If physical and mental is all you're looking for then Mallett and Gabbert have that also. Probably more so on the mental side than Locker. Don't get me wrong, I like Locker, but only as a 2nd round QB.

9. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

I honestly think Ponder will be off the board somewhere in Rd.2. Devlin should still be there in Rd 5. Ponder with our second round pick would be good.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

He'll be there at 8. QB is our #1 need. I've been watching highlights, reading, and I think the guy could eventually be a franchise QB. He's got the arm, he can already make anticipatory throws (the number 1 sign of a QBs eventual success), and he has good wheels and strength. Should we draft him at 8 overall? Bring him in with a veteran to compete with and we could be set for years if things pan out. Then again, theres always the chance of busting on two QBs in 5 years...

Thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar