Jake Locker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by QGP, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QGP

QGP MIKE HONCHO

The more I think about it the more I think he should be the pick. Great intangibles can work the bootleg off playaction aka titans bread and butter. He has good delivery strong and pretty quick release. Titans seem to love the runners and he can do that but he can spin a pretty all maybe a little inconsistent with throws at times, but even when they're wobly it's still accurate. He just knows the game he reads the coverage well makes quick smart decisions unlike vy. I think I read somewhere he's a track guy but he's a quarterback first he can extend plays with his legs but looks for the throw first. He's been starting has good experience a great coach to study under and may have been the first pick last year if he came out. He reminds me of Aaron Rodgers or Jay cutler, maybe not arm strength on curlers part, but intangibles. He has good footwork and when he throws watch him he turns his whole body hips and all to push the throw out that's great mechanics if u ask me. And the footwork thing it took vinsanity 5 years to still not figure it out. Going back to the Aaron Rodgers comparison he wasn't seen as a great player just barely sneaking into the first round overlooked by most. But he had experience coming out he did all the little things right mechanics, footwork, delivery, good accuracy and coming out of a pro style offense can use his legs but doesn't depend on them, didn't have a great supporting cast and best of all doesn't have an ego bigger than the team. It's those little things like that, that make a great leader in this league and a winner. Another player in the draft similar to locker is ponder but a little more raw but same set of skills and a good head on his shoulders and could be had at a cheaper price. But I'm still gonna say locker is our guy with our offense and our gameplans he'll fit right in from the jump he's gotta O line I look to prove last year was a fluke a top tier rb to lean on and a monster of a reciever Kenny britt.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I like the guy but I don't want a QB in the first...

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This couldn't of gone in one of the other 100 QB Draft threads? lol

But yeah, I like Locker, not at #8 overall.

4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I like Locker, 8 is a reach for him probably,but he aint gonna be there at 40.

We NEED a QB if Locker is the guy the front office want, then I would not be too displeased. If we could trade down in the first and grab Locker and an extra pick, I would be delighted.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

QGP, how do we know you're not a Texan's fan trying to steer us in the wrong direction?

6. QGP

QGP MIKE HONCHO

Trading down and still getting him would be great. Lol and I hate the texans with everything in me I hope funny and andre fight every time. But I mean he maybe a reach at 8 but considering he couldve been number one last draft is good to my ears. I just want a qb with a good head on his shoulders and loads of talent he has it all size speed smarts good accuracy. Everyone gets caught up by the physical freak combine monsters who are nothin.g locker is a true warrior whos been thru it all and in my opinion the only qb to make an immediate impact or starting role. I would take Patrick Peterson or fairley over him but the chance at those guys look slim.

7. QGP

QGP MIKE HONCHO

Finny not funny :)

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I like him as a 4th rounder. Otherwise, I hate him.

I don't think he has improved much through college.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I could see Locker being available at our 2nd round pick, probably won't happen though. No team will take Locker before us in our first, but after #8 teams like Redskins (#10), Vikings (#12), Dolphins (#15), Seattle (#25), Buffalo (#34), Bengals (#35), Cardinals (#38) could take Locker. I don't think Locker will make it past #25 Seattle, if he does no way the Cardinals would let him by round 2, unless they took a QB 1st round or traded for a QB.

As for trading, I like the idea. Doubtful that it happens though. I could see a team like the Lions trading for our #8 pick if Prince Amukamara is available then. Lions need a CB bad, and besides Patrick and Prince, theres not alot of AMAZING talent at CB. I'd like a trade, depending on what players are available at #8 and what we do at QB.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Texans fans have enough trouble not steering their own team in the wrong direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar