Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Jake Locker to this point... (ongoing)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 16, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 17 users.
    • Tip Jar Donor

mike75 Starter

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,573

Let's say three weeks from now Locker is still playing the same way and he can't generate enough offense to win games even as the defense still plays at a high level.Do you think it would be wise to at least give our backup QB a chance to see what he can do?
  1. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    Relax bro. We don't play the freakin Steelers and Texans the next three weeks. If he can't beat average/weak defenses then we can talk.
  2. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,102

what harm could that do aside from the confidence in locker would be destroyed and at that point there is no going back.
  3. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,102

chargers defense is not great but the jets d will play tough and gene smith is decent for being a rookie. After the jets game we will know where we stand but I am not holding my breath on this average qb, nothing more!
  4. tnfan47 Let's Get It

McNair
    Moolah:
    $555
    Locker will bounce back after these three home games in a row. If not, then we can bring these conversations up.
  5. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,780
    Geno Smith is not good, he's going to make Jake look great.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    I think everyone should expect improvement at home against lessor defenses. It'll take losing 2 of the next 3 for him to be replaced before they head to Seattle, IMO.
  6. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,102

I really hope you are right, I can't stand the jets but at this point I really just don't see it! I wish I could but I just don't
  7. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,301
    Problem is, if he doesn't step it up in a hurry he might not get another opportunity. If the offense doesn't get it together soon I could easily see this defense falling apart at some point. And from there it could get ugly. I still think Munch needs, at minimum, 9-7 and to at least be playing for a playoff spot come week 17 in order to survive. If he doesn't make it then odds are Jake is out the door with him. Or best case he becomes a stopgap starter until our new rook is ready.

It is unfortunate to think what could have been if Jake hadn't got injured last year. But it is what it is and we are where we are. Excuses (legitimate or not) aside, he's in his third year in the league now. And in today's NFL the way Jake has played up to this point typically won't buy you a 4th year. Especially not if there's a new HC involved.
  8. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,780
    You dont think Jake will play well vs them? Why? They're the Jets, all they've dont is barely beat Josh Freeman and the Bucs, then they hung in there with Brady and a misfit WR gang. Theyre not that good defensively, at least not as good as some people think.

We've survived the 2 monsters, and made it out 1-1, our season is going well.