Jake Locker= Titans version of Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MDTitansFan, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That's the excuse they made for Vince Young, David Carr, Joey Harrington, And nearly every QB that has later been exposed as a failure. How much time did we waste on trying to find a good OC and "weapons" for VY when all along he was a bum in a gifted athletic body?

Good QBs make their receivers, OL, OC, head coach look better.

Bad QBs expose the weakness of every other member of the offense, and defense (Due to the bad field position they give away, and turnovers that are ready-made points for the opposition)

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So the purpose of this thread is to what? Divide our fan base? Anyways, my thoughts:

There were moments last night that I thought Jake handled terribly, but there was also a lot of poor blocking that was at fault. Chris Johnson also gets a pass from me this week because I know lining up behind a 4th string Center that we've cut 40 times is never easy.

IMO it's silly to keep pointing out Jake's flaws, but I know people will do it just to prove they might have been right. He's just so young as a QB that there's only one way to go, and that's up. He was much improved from last week so again, we can chalk this all up to him going through growing pains. It's better now for him to get all the little things figured out then when we're on the brink of becoming a playoff team. In 2007 we were a good team in spite of our QB, we don't want a repeat of that.

I very very rarely will pick on rookies or 2nd year players. Verner, McCourty, Marks, Cook, and a lot of others are examples of why you can't ride inexperienced players and expect sudden greatness. 2-3 years from now is when we can officially say what Jake Locker is. Until then I'm enjoying seeing him grow as our QB, even when he plays bad he still plays pretty decent in the end. I mean just look at 2 of the guys I named above. Verner and McCourty were a huge part of last nights win. Soon enough Jake will be the reason we're winning games.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I don't think anyone's expection for Locker is to be a game manager ... they expect him to be much more than that. You need a good QB to win in this league

BUT at this point in his career, that might be what you ask him to do while his is developing. You can either ask him to do that, or ask him to go out and throw 50 times, but know he is probably going to make costly mistakes (ie colts game) ... I would actually prefer the latter, but Munch is trying to win games now to save his job.

4. JCBRAVE

Wow, this may be the dumbest post of the century.

LSU coaching staff describes Jake Locker as the exact opposite of what you said. They said he's a more polished Tim Tebow. And you're calling him a less talented Tebow? Ha!

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He still make stupid throws into triple coverage, they were just dropped.

He just wasn't composed at all. On the terrible option on the first drive, he did nothing to draw the defender to him and is lucky that wasn't fumbled. He threw low chance balls when he had outlet guys and never really went through progressions.

Other than that, I'd like to see him not take so much punishment when he runs. I'd also like to not see him dive at the knees of McCourty when he is trying to drink water.

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

1. The receivers are fine in my opinion, I was not suggesting they are mediocre.
    2. A good qb makes the OL look better? WHAT? No. Just.. no. Peyton Manning with a terrible Oline will look terrible.
    3. The HC should be finding ways to help the QB. Play to his strengths.. period.

7. Thaddeus43

I disagree. You put RG3 in our system, and he is nowhere near the QB he is in WAS right now. His coaches put him in GREAT positions, hide his weaknesses and highlight his strengths ... that is what good coaches do for a young QB. Same with Seattle. I watch those teams, and they have some of the most beautiful playcalling in different situations. (which is why I would LOVE for Kyle Shanahan to be our HC, but we will be stuck with Munch again most likely)

Now I agree that a good QB will make everyone look better, but that is going to happen with the experienced Vets, not the young guys.

And who was David Carr's OC? ... hmm, might be a trend there.

8. JCBRAVE

So TitansWillWin2 & TheSureThing are 9?

They love drinking chocolate milk and evaluating players after playing some N64. :)

9. Thaddeus43

I agree, but if we counted every Qb's int 'drops' then there would be a whole lot more ints out there. The option play was just dumb IMO. Thats not who we are, thats not what we have done. Its 3rd and 1, the have been bringing the heat every play anyway, and we pitch the F'n ball??? that is stupid.

I blame munch for him not going through his progressions ... Munch told him to run if no one was immediately open. I hate that he said that. I think that it hurts Jake more than it helps him ... but Munch is needing to win games to save his job. Our OL sucks so Munch knows he isn't going to have much time to go through them and wants him to pick up yards. I would rather see Locker try to throw though. We already know he can run

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yes.. See Peyton Manning in his last 2-3 years in Indy.. His Oline was HORRIBLE. absolutely horrid. Worse than anything the Titans have ever had. he found a way to still be good, because he was smart enough to get the ball away before getting smoked. That's something that Luck and Locker do not have, and that's why they'll continually be inury prone.. they hold onto the ball until they get smacked way too much.

Our pass protection looked good in 2011 due to Hasselbeck knowing how to read pressure instead of monkeying around with the ball like Favre. Our pass protection was not really that good last year, but the QB's awareness made it seem that way. No wonder Vick always had high sack numbers.. nothing to do with his O-line, it's because he diddles around "Trying to make things happen" instead of passing the ball. Because players like that are waiting for the big play instead of taking what they can get.

The way Luck and Locker play, it's a foregone conclusion that they are going to end up on the sidelines more than a couple times in their career.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar