Jake Locker ready to fight for his job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

you ever see manning do that?? no and even when he gets sacked he falls down to the ground and avoids the hit! Live to play another down because you are the QB!

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I do agree with a lot that you say but he has only played 16 games! The same amount as geno smith has played so they both have the same level of experience but geno is going in to his 2nd year while locker is going in to his 4th and contract year. I don't hate the guy but I do not see him being consistent and durable enough to take this team to the playoffs and make a run. I actually look forward to starting over, the sooner the better imo.

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Jake is a good dude, and hasn't had great coaching etc...but lets no kid ourselves on here....We ALL know that he has accuracy and injury issues. We can talk about the what ifs and stuff all day, but if you don't have that after 4 years, there is a VERY good chance you never will....

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The accuracy knock on him was put to sleep this year

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Come on JC...Lies..He is still inconsistent and not taking many chance down field...Should I bring up his stats again, and who he has done well against???? lol

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hes good in the accuracy department. It doesnt matter who he played well against, he still hit his intended receivers

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

ehhh I wouldn't go that far man I cringe every time I see him throw deep, feel like it will always be under thrown and become a jumped ball.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Agreed. He was still overthrowing guys A LOT. He did show moderate improvement though especially on those deep curl and out routes.

9. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

The offense he and Fitz were in this past season didnt have sight adjustments!!!!!! (per WR Mike Preston) . Thats nuts on an NFL level. Thats a big problem. No adjustments on routes vs the blitz. No wonder Jake is in a boot and Fitz got the hell kicked out of him. Not so much about only Jake, but I just heard this, Blaine Bishop was quoting Preston, and had to share that if this is true, then I coulda truly done a better job with that offense and I dont pretend to be qualified to coordinate an NFL offense. Thats truly terrible.

10. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Thats the very reason I hate Manning and I am also a VOLS fan. lol I know what you mean though and I have admitted that Jake has to put the "cowboy " in him to bed. I like a certain type of QB. The ones who play FOOTBALL. Farve, McNair...the gritty ones. Jakes heart says gritty and I love that, but his body says to give it a rest. I loved McNair when everyone said he was inaccurate too because of his style of play. Hopefully Locker will listen more to his body in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar