Jake Locker ready to fight for his job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

it's sad that you have to count half of games with this guy lol

2. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

Jake has improved quite a bit since he first got here. If he had some durability and played throughout the whole season then he would be seen as a rising star around the league

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I wanna see Jake for a full season as well, but with a new staff and possibly a new scheme, I dont know if we would see his best even if he is healthy. I love his game and the very thing that tends to keep him off the field is what I love about him. When Jake gets back, he has to realize that its time to put the cowboy to bed. He must take every precaution to stay healthy, but does that take away from his game? Probably,but he cant compete on crutches. That said, I hope he gets one more chance and doesnt look back.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I hope for this too, just not in Tennessee

5. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Yea, much rather his career take off elsewhere, when it benefits not 1 titans fan. lol

6. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Just
    I've always disliked Locker and doubt he ever puts it together. So I guess I am ready for a fresh start! Can't hardly blame me!

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

But then, you wake up from your dream and CJ is gone in the real world.

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Best thing would be to draft a QB and have both Locker and the rookie blow up big.

We trade locker for a 2nd to a team that drafts first overall the following year ;)

9. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I dont blame anyone for being tired of seeing him hurt. Its annoying to me as well. I just see the potential. Followed Jake for a while, loved the guy. I like grit, but his body is paying for that. I think he can be special if he can take care of himself. Opinions on Jake are all over the place. As a selfish fan, I would hate to see him go elsewhere and his career take off. As a Titans fan who is a fan of Jake, if his career is gonna take off, I want it to happen here, but I blame no one for being worn out on his constant injuries.

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I can see where you are coming from on this but as a fan of the titans who is no fan of jake, I am not worried about him going to take off somewhere else because he lacks accuracy from the pocket. That is the # 1 job aside from running the offense for a QB to handle. I have never seen him audible out of a stacked box defense to help CJ out to maybe go in to a play action pass or screen pass if he sees a blitz coming. I just question a lot mentally with him as well as physically even more. I hope the best for him but it won't happen unless he works on the accuracy issues. He doesn't seem comfortable in the pocket at all and panics before he goes through his reads and then over throws the ball for int's like in the jax game this year before he got hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar