Jake Locker ready to fight for his job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Dman

Dman Starter

sad to say but true!
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Starter

Defenses basically walked up to the line and yelled over to Locker.."Try and throw on us, until you do, we are stuffing your run/short game"....Welcome to the last 3 years ladies and gentlemen. Nice kid, but a predictable boring, inconsistent offense. I am really excited for this change and offseason. New life!!!!
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Dman

Dman Starter

I have never really ever seen him audible out of a defense either, can he read the D?? lol maybe I completely missed that but I was trying to look for it during the season during those few games he played
  4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Starter

This, in a passing league I want a pocket passer. Best way to get CJ going, have a passing game that keeps the D honest and not allow them to stack 8 in the box.

That said, I like Locker and would be happy with him if he could play 16+ games/yr. The one thing I notice a lot about Kap, he doesn't take shots when he runs. Locker needs to learn to be a bit smarter and it will go a long way. Also, that SF OL is much better than ours. Hopefully Levitre comes out strong next year being healed in time for camp, and a year under Warmack and Schwenkes belt, along with an upgrade at RT will give Locker a bit more protection. Of course this will also help the run game. Locker showed to be much more accurate those first 4 games and had no turn overs.

Coles notes: I like Locker and want to see a full healthy year out of him. Still want our new HC to draft a rookie, ideally a pocket passer. Nothing wrong with competition.
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Starter

RARELY does he audible out. Funny you mention that, because all of those times they ran CJ into the WALL of a defense equivalent to the 300 spartans, you would think he would opt out for a pass play or roll out or SOMETHING....Yeah, not so much..haha
  6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

The guy's a competitor no denying that. Sad he can't stay healthy but that's life, time to move on.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. Dman

Dman Starter

you would think especially if you see them all ready to stop the run, that's the best time to audible to a screen pass or play action but we rarely change the calls and run right in to the blitz and bam a loss of 4 yards lol
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

I think we need to see what Locker can do with a real coaching staff.
  9. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Yup pretty much sums it up.
  10. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion Tip Jar Donor

Throw the Jets game in there too. 150 yds and 3 td in 1 half.