Jake Locker ready to fight for his job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

FYI: Kaepernick was picked 3 spots before our 2nd round pick.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yes, I question his ability. He is all over the place.

Like you said, he is inconsistent, and injury prone. for those reasons alone, I question his ability to be a franchise QB.

He deserves a last chance to be on the roster this year, and if he doesn't REALLY take the bull by the horns and steal the job from the (presumably) new rookie QB, he ought to find somewhere else to go.. If he gets injured again, he's got to go. Whether it's his fault or not. Lots of players have lost opportunities because of frequent injuries. We don't have the luxury of dillydallying around and waiting on him to finally become what he's hoped to be.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Umm, by ability, I mean his play at the height of his potential.

I guess I should have said "If Locker plays to his potential"

4. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

I hear ya but they had Hasselbach in the QB slot so they didn't have to go QB first round and as someone else said all the big concerns about Locker predraft were out there and they have, to a large extent, proven to unfortunatey to be true to this point. If they had felt KC was a viable option (which they obviously didn't) tehy could have moved up, hell they did it for Jared Cook so... Not like that was not an option, but I hear ya... Like I said I like Locker the locker room influence/guy, but as you said a few posts back, he hasn't stayed on the field 16 games yet as a starter so what value does he really have ultimately.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hasselbeck wasnt a Titan on draft day. The lockout made that impossible

6. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Sorry, I forgot all about the lockout. I don't follow things like personnel movements as religiously as many of you on here do so please excuse the ignorance. That said, when it became public knowledge that Seattle was going to part ways with Hasselbach, the Titans were very quickly linked to being the most likely place he would land, so there was obviously a projected plan in place there fairly early on. That said, I believe all in the FO were on board w/ Jake being the guy (unlike what we learned about Bud and Fishers disagreement over taking VY) and like I said I think to a certain extent they were driven in some ways to go get the Anti-VY and may have purposely glossed over some concerning issues with Locker. Issues that he hasn't really overcome entirely (especially the injury issue).

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I like Locker's attitude but at the end of the day he will be what he is, a first round BUST! Time for a new guy at this position, how about we go find ourselves a nice pocket passer. I love mobile qb's but I am over it.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I am with you on this one...How nice would it be to see a true pocket passer actually utilize our receiving talent and thrash defenses?!

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

it would be nice to see defenses picked apart and show how good our wide outs are. McNair sure as he** did it in 03 when he finally developed into a nice pocket passer more than a runner! Mobile qb's can get it done but they should be accurate from the pocket as well which locker is not. He is more accurate outside the pocket which tells me one thing..... failure as a qb, throwing from the pocket is the main job of the qb, at least in my opinion it is.

10. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

locker has moved the chains and actually put up points in two games as a titan. the first was his rookie year when he played against the saints in relief of hasselbeck and second was last year vs the lions. our offense is so stagnant with this guy. as a titan fitz moved the ball better than locker!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar