Jake Locker ready to fight for his job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

He's one of the main reasons that Munch was fired.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I am willing to give it one more shot. He was brought back too early from that one injury which I think lead to the season ending injury. The injury issues are new for him. Not like there is a big history there. And I am encouraged by Matt Stafford the past few years after he had that "China doll" reputation.

3. The Hammer

:cj: was a bigger reason

4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Lets not leave out Shonn either...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansWillWin2

Only thing is CJ is staying.

6. The Hammer

So we will still suck

7. TitansWillWin2

If so it's b/c we don't have a franchise QB

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

CJ isn't staying, and all it will take is a talented rookie QB that can stand upright and hit a moving target to take his job. Jake is a class act and I like him a lot, but in my mind, he is just a solid backup for us right now until he proves he can stay healthy and show consistency. CJ, has to go buh bye, if nothing else, to get rid of the negative attitude bs and style of running that we currently use.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Locker was a bad pick at #8. Plain and simple he has thus far been everything the scouts who criticized him said he would be- inaccurate and injury prone. Munchak tied his own fate to him resulting in some losses due to missed time.

We MUST have a franchise QB. Locker has had a ligament (shoulder, hip, knee, foot) in each section of his body torn to some degree in the 16(?) games he's played in over three years. That is VERY telling that his body just isn't capable of withstanding the NFL. Some of those hits were minor btw. It is beyond debate he is injury prone. AND he is inaccurate. He isn't the answer EVEN if he has a good camp. (Which is highly unlikely with him in a boot until at least March.) Only a matter of time before he's injured again.

The new coach will no doubt draft or bring in a QB he wants to tie his fate to. I highly doubt it will be Locker, whether or not he "wins" a competition, and Fitz has zero chance IMO. Better IMO to bring in a vet of the new HC's choosing and draft his future franchise QB. Let him get oriented next year and maybe play him at the end of the year. I don't see us in the playoffs until 2015 at the earliest unless we draft a Kaepernick or Wilson like protege.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Depends on if they want to save 6 million next year.

CJ is a coin flip and the new coach may want him, even though itll be Websters call. We are in good shape cap wise and should be active in the FA again, as well as bringing some guys back. If we need an extra 6 million though, CJ is gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar