Jake Locker or Matt Hasselbeck??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Apr 12, 2012.

?
  1. Matt Hasselbeck

19.2%
  2. Jake Locker

80.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The poll itself says "Who is the better QB?"

I know it's all semantics, but it actually matters here.

Who is the best QB vs. who should be starting are two different questions.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Right now it's Hasselbeck's job to lose. He's the better of the 2 right now, no question.

If Locker truly outplays him and is ready... I have no problem with him winning the job.

But most of you just want him to be handed the job- knowing he's clearly not ready yet.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

How it is clear that he's not ready? His readiness level is totally unclear.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

From what we saw of him last season?

This season, who knows. We'll find out more once we see him again in camp and preseason.

Til then, all we have says he's not ready.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Maybe he is ready. That's unclear right now. What is clear is that Hasselbeck is too far beyond his prime. Why should Hasselbeck be handed the job just because he is a veteran? That's the Jeff Fisher way. Out of here with that nonsense.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I voted Locker. While he may not necessarily be the better QB at the moment, he is our future. He has to take his lumps as some point or another. I'm a Hass fan. But there's no denying he REALLY dropped off down the stretch last year (13 TDs, 7 INT in the first 8 games, 5 TDs, 8 INT in the final 8). And now his body is a year older.

So while he may very well give us the best chance to win on any given Sunday. I really question his ability to hold up/play at a high level for an entire season. I'm completely fine with him being the starter if he wins the job. But I think if his play starts to consistently drop off and the playoffs are starting to slip away, then we need to put in Locker with the quickness.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I voted Matt Hasselbeck because I believe that MH is right now the better decision maker and the more accurate of the two. Based on what I saw last season I don't think Locker is quite there yet mechanically.

That being said Locker has much more play making ability but I don't want him overcompensating for his lack of passing precision by scrambling in game time situations. God forbid he starts running around and gets himself hurt because he hasn't developed enough as a pocket passer.

Edit: That being said I hope Locker comes in and blows Hasselbeck out of the starting job by showing pocket awareness and accuracy.

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I voted Hasselbeck as well. He's not in an obvious declined and we really haven't seen anything from Locker, other than flashes.

9. 520titan

520titan Special Teams Standout

ok...so doing awesome coming off the bench cold almost winning us a couple games...besides that ugly last play against norleans....which was his one big mistake out of all his p.t....no int's...means hes not ready?

10. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

It doesnt matter to me. Whichever QB gives up the best chance to win. The QB who makes the right decision. Protects the ball. Avoids the sack. Scores points or at least consistently put the team in place to score points. Thats it, if Locker isnt ready yet, then put out Hasselback. If Lockers skills outway Hasselbacks experience, go with Locker.

I know why many are saying just put Locker out there so he can get experience and never look back, but we dont have to do that. We have the forture of having a skilled veteran in Hasselback unlike more than half the NFL that allows Locker to develop into a skilled QB before throwing him to the wolves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar