Jake Locker or Matt Hasselbeck??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Apr 12, 2012.

?
  1. Matt Hasselbeck

19.2%
  2. Jake Locker

80.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Who do you feel gives us the best opportunity to succeed next year at the quarterback position? Jake Locker or Matt Hasselbeck? I watched the discussion last night on NFL Live and I'm intrigued to know my fellow fan's perspectives.

I'll with hold my opinions until the discussion gets started.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Whoever wins the competition.

I was satisfied with Hasselbeck last year, but there were games down the stretch that looked like he was too injured to be out there. That's on the coaching staff.

I would rather Locker just win this thing outright so we can get things moving forward.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Does anyone here really feel like they have seen enough from Locker to really know? Let the two battle in camp and then we can vote on a topic like this.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like them both, but we can only go so far with an aging Hasselbeck. I hope Locker wins out in camp, and blows the competition away.

5. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

I just answered the question, who do you want to win the starting job, by picking Locker.

It's time. Can't wait for camp to start!

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I know this is always unpopular because of team continuity and stuff like that but I hope both start some games this year. I'd like to see Hasselbeck as the primary starter around 10 games, and see Locker start about 6 games against weaker opponents.

Unless of course Locker is just lights out in the preseason or Hasselbeck has a big drop off for some reason.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I have seen enough of both of them to say without a doubt that Jake should be our starting QB heading into the season. Matt started off really well but as the season went on he looked like a 37 year old QB.

We're better off going with the young gun. That and I am confident that Jake will show enough to win the job.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Who do you want to win the starting job is a way different question than who is the better QB. The poll is asking who the better QB is. At this point in time, it might be Hasselbeck. I don't think we have seen quite enough from Locker to say for sure.

I imagine every single person on this board would answer Locker to the question of who do you want to win the starting job.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Hey Toronto^ I pick Locker.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Jake is going to make mistakes, but I would really like to see him start next season. If they are remotely even in camp, Jake should get the nod. Would you rather see an aging Hasselbeck get worse as the season goes on, or a young Locker get better as the season goes on? The answer should be obvious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar