Jake Locker looked solid vs. Cards

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Jake Locker looked much better in tonight's start. He used a much larger arsenal of weapons tonight to make up for his lack of experience. When there was nothing there, or the pocket broke down, he used his legs to pick up yards. He hit a beautiful sideline pass for a TD and used a nice pump fake to free up Cook down the sideline. Overall, I was impressed with how he bounced back from a bad 1st start. He still has a lot of room to grow, but he seems to be adjusting quickly or possibly settling down.

Thoughts on his 1st start?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

2nd start lol.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I wouldn't say that was really a "beautiful" pass on the sideline to Cook. Nice, but not beautiful, being that Cook had to stretch to the fullest to catch it.

He looked a lot more poised and confident today. Wish he would have got Washington down the middle where it floated over his head. I feel way better about him tonight than I did last week. I think Locker improves every week.

4. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

He was calling the sideline TD pass to Wright beautiful.

He had a real solid performance tonight. He made good decisions and made some plays with his legs. I think he will only get better every week.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Good point about the Cook grab. It wasn't a beautiful throw, but it was a beautiful pump fake. It froze the safety just enough to avoid the pick. He was very effective deep last year and I think if that continues it makes us a very dangerous offense.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Oh okay, my bad CJthe(umm) lol.. I was thinking you said the Cook throw was a beauty.

You're right though, that was a beautiful pass to Wright.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

He showed me what I wanted to see and I'd use the same words as you guys -- poise, confidence, decision making etc. The pump fake that freed Cook was very vet like and the decision making was especially nice to see -- picking up yards with his legs when he had no play opposed to forcing a pass (ex: the INT last week). I saw a lot of improvement! So happy he's our QB, can't wait for the NE game!

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

#10 needs #28 to start picking up the pace, so #10 can reach his full potential.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

A little more run game. A couple more completions. It's looking up.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I thought CJ played fine. He broke some tackles to get some extra yards when nothing was there, he drove some piles, and he looked quick. He didn't have big gains, but he was consistent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar