Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Jake Locker is our Manning/Roethlisberger

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. From-the-stands Rookie

Moolah:
    $88
    That is right. Should we say Manning and Big Ben were successful DISPITE high expectations? No, they made it because they put hard work in along with their great talent. Locker has all the tools to be a great QB. If he works hard and keeps his head straight I believe he will deliver playoff wins for the franchise.
  2. Bababooey Veteran

Wright
    Moolah:
    $148
    Locker taking that sack is showing he's a bit more of a Manning than a Roethlisberger. He didn't run away and try to make the play into something it wasn't, he took the smart route and lived to play another down.
  3. Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $301
    Or he just didn't see it coming.
  4. 14u2ponder Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    I see Jake Locker as Kerry Collins 2.0. And I am not talking about just the tennessee titans Kerry, I'm talking about him having a career similar to kerry collins career overall. And if that happens, I'd be ecstatic frankly.

There is no way in the world Jake is Peyton. That is laughable.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,223
    God no.
  5. 14u2ponder Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    You're delusional if you think a) that locker can be peyton manning or b) you don't respect what kerry collins did in his career.

Most QBs would kill to have a career like Collins had.

Leave the peyton manning comparisions to the sam bradfords of the world. Locker has no chance to attain that level.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,223
    I don't particularly care for the Manning comparison but Kerry Collins achieved very little. His highest QB rating in his career was 85 and got over the 80 rating 4 times in 17 years and almost had a 1:1 TD:INT ratio.

No thanks.
    1 people high five this.
  6. 14u2ponder Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    You say 'no thanks' as if you have a choice. It's about who you think he'll be, not who you WANT him to be.

Besides, you should read this article and get a clue about Kerry.
    http://www.ultimatenyg.com/2011-articles/july/in-praise-of-kerry-collins.html
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,223
    If he is similar to Collins then he will be classed as a bust.

I don't really care what Collins is like as a person, he was an average football player.
    1 people high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

mike75 Starter

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,481
    Don't compare him to a Collins lets compare him more along the lines to maybe Steve Young.Lets envision good play and multiple super bowls.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.