Jake Locker is our Manning/Roethlisberger

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

So we should trade CJ for Bradshaw? I'm sure new york would insta-trade with us.

Oh, apparently cj does something right to gain the most yards from scrimmage in a single season. Can you explain how a guy that can't do anything better than bradshaw was able to do that?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't want to encourage Deuce to keep this Bradshaw vs. Johnson thing going, but I know what he's talking about, and he has a small point. Bradshaw more times than not will go forwards and gain some yards, whereas C.J. may or may not gain anything. With Bradshaw you can add 4+4+4 and have your 1st down, and with C.J. it may go something like; 1+(-3)+63 and then get your 1st down. The nice thing about RB's like Bradshaw is that they'll keep the clock ticking and the chains moving. What C.J. does could result in a TD or a punt, which is why I've always been saying C.J. needs to be used the right way otherwise he kills drives.

I truly do believe Munchak knows how to use C.J., and Fisher didn't. It's Fisher that's made Deuce think the way he does.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CaptainInsano02

CaptainInsano02 Starter

^Well put, JCBRAVE

4. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

CJ also knows how to hold onto the ball. Something Bradshaw hasn't figured out yet. I don't remember CJ ever getting benched for that lil problem. But who cares about efficiency? Right?

5. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

HAHA. Bradshaw is a SOLID starting running back. He takes advantage of having a good QB, a good TE, and 2 really good WRs in Manningham and Nicks. He NEVER sees 8+in the box. Bradshaw is good, CJ is elite.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Do you even think before you write crap like that?

Fisher got an average of over 1500 yards a season out of CJ with a 5.0 average. Those are hall of fame type numbers!

Munchak hasn't even coached Cj in a preseason game.

Why do you make stuff up like that? CJ had a 2000 yard season just 2 years ago where were you?

And what makes that comment even dumber is that CJ had an off year because of the O-line's poor play that was under Munchak's watch!

:rolleyes:

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wrong again Lawrence.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

This is the Jake locker is God thread not the trade Cj thread. How did we start talking about CJ vs Bradshaw?

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

All threads lead back to the core, remember...last year the core was VY, but we are transitioning to CJ.

This is going to be really weird if we sign CJ....

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I agree. Although I would say when instead of if we sign CJ as I have no doubt that CJ will sign a long-term deal with the Titans before week 1. I know Titans fans, and some of them wouldn't forgive CJ for holding out no matter what. He's hated now. Perhaps being league and super bowl MVP would change that, but I doubt anything short of that will do. That's just how it is when you're a Titan. Britt can expect the same should he have hamstring problems into the regular season. He'll never be forgiven for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar