Jake Locker is our Alex Smith/Ryan Leaf

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ten_Titans, Aug 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I feel this forum needs balance when it comes to snap judgement threads. :brow:

I feel like he handled himself well after that pick, even if the offense never really got it going. Added in with some terrible play calling throughout the game I thought he handled himself well in his 2nd outing.

Which is good, because I don't see Hastlebeck getting passed the first 3 games without some kind of injury.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Jake Locker is our Jake Locker.

3. TitanDoug

TitanDoug Special Teams Standout

I'm still drinking the kool-aid.

While it wasn't his greatest night, it was still a solid performance. Alot of it stemmed from the pressure that St. Louis brought, he had trouble getting set. That's OK, he'll get better with that, and a couple of those were jailbreaks too. And this is still an offense without it's two best weapons. He showed good escapability, didn't do anything dumb with the ball.

The interception was mostly due to the pressure, he didn't get set. Again, it's not like he nailed a Ram in the chest with it. And we didn't really see any of those horrible Washington Husky passes - 15 feet over the head of the receiver, or directly into the ground.

I'm still excited, I think we got a good one.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That pass to Cook was amazing.

Besides that he has 2nd/3rd stringers in at OL, and the pass protection was subpar. Every pass he was rushed.

8/18 82 yards 1 TDs, is what his official statline was. However he had 2 drops, and 3 throw aways. One drop would of been about a 40 yard TD to Kirkendoll.

Not to mention his RB was Donaldson... lol

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I think that he showed us that he is a very talented rookie last night. He has a cannon for a arm, and when his primary receiver is open he looks great.

However, pressure "got to him" last night because he was slow to pick up secondary options for receivers IMO. And he actually did have a couple of passes that looked pretty wild last night. This is not a slam on him, rather it is an acknowledgement that, as a rookie, the game has not slowed down for him yet (which is perfectly normal at this point).

I was encouraged by Hassleback's play last night, and think that he would have returned to the game last night had it been a regular season game. Locker needs to spend some time this season working and learning (which given his ethic I have no doubt that he will do). He can be special, yes, but he has more developing to do.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Lets give Locker more than 2 preseason games. We gave the last turd 5 years.

7. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Well unlike Gabbert and Newton, Locker had a second string OL blocking for him. I understand it was a second team D too, but a blitz is a blitz.

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

In the chatroom during the game, I mentioned that he reminds me of a young Mark Brunell.

9. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

The Troll section is ----------------------> that way, right next to the Cowboy fans room

10. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

I've watched just about every snap he has taken and I've been saying you guys should feel pretty good about the future at the QB position. He is probably gonna have one of those two/three INT games somewhere down the line but that's part of the process. He's looked better than most of the other rookie QBs so far, IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar