Jake Locker is a Prime Example

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

BTW after watching this video, mel kiper is dead on with lockers accuracy issues in the pocket and I think Jon Gruden has completely lost his mind lmao

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

my issue is we run at a brick wall all day long so I think it comes down to more than one assignment. We need to go from run to pass or audible to play action. I really don't know but it is something I question on this "NFL Level caliber offense" Good points you make tho!

3. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

One missed assignment can make it look like you are running into a brick wall. I agree with you though. Watching sunday, we were against a lot of 8 man fronts, think I saw 9 a couple times. You run into that, you are beating your head against the wall. You gotta kill the run when you see that. If you see six in the box and have a pass called, you gotta kill the pass, depending on the situation. There is a lot I don't understand about what we do offensively. Why don't we chip these pass crusher's with a TE or back to help our tackles? I cant explain that away among other things.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

agreed for the most part with what you say here. I can't explain how our offense works as we seem to be one of the more conservative offensive units in this pass happy league. I love how we come out in the 2nd half and continue to run the ball, what imagination lol.

5. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Its not so much THAT we run the ball,its HOW we run it to me. If you go back and look at our 1st drive vs. The Rams. We come out in a look I have never seen us use before. We stacked two backs to the right behind the Tackle and TE I believe it was. Now, its simple but very creative by NFL standards these days. We got numbers in our favor to where we wanted to go. We didn't stay in that look all game,but the success we had with that look I think got CJ and our o line in the right frame of mind to have a big game. For our team, IMO, its not that we throw it a bunch, its about when we throw. Sundays game took me back to the Fisher days of run twice, pass, punt.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar