Jake Delhomme, Donovan McNabb, John Kitna, etc...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Don't freak out yet, but one or 2 of these guys (possibly even all) will be playing on another team next year, and all (even with Delhomme being the sole reason the Panthers were doomed going in to postseason) are better than Young and Collins.

It just seems more likely that we'll pick up a vet, and these guys fit the mold. McNabb will probably be resigned after he picked it up this season, but in a simple offense like ours he'd be great. Especially with our protection.
    Delhomme the same story. Without a moronic coach that wants to launch the ball downfield nonstop while he has a great ground game...he could simply make good short passes and move the chains.
    Kitna would be perfect for our offense. He put up some great numbers in Detroit, and trust me- if you can throw for decent numbers behind an o-line like that you can definitely do well here. A battery operated fan would protect you longer than the Lions line.

There may be a few others. I think Stanton will be starting for Detroit next year (Orlovsky 2nd String), Kitna walks. Donovan will be resigned, but they do have Kevin Kolb waiting around for his shot- so who knows. If they're as high on him as the Lions are on Stanton...I could see McNabb gone also. And Jake Delhomme is already out there.

And regardless if these are the guys you'd LOVE to have starting- I think most would agree they're better than either Vince or Simms. And VY gets hurt pretty often.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

jon kitna sucks. he's had 3 seasons with more TDs than INTs

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If we got Donovan McNabb, I would be the happiest man possibly in the entire world next season.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Deuce Wayne

So did Kerry Collins before this season. So does Vince. He's better than both if healthy.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

great, so we're replacing two crappy QBs with another? i don't think that's the point.

6. Deuce Wayne

Me too. He has occasional meltdowns, but he's very underrated in my opinion. Especially when it comes to fitting short passes in and his touch to float the ball over a receiver's shoulder.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You know what.. screw it.. Lets just bring back Neil O'Donnell and have Billy Volek back him up.

8. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

The only part I go against is saying that VY gets hurt pretty often at the end of your post but mentioning McNabb in there. McNabb has gotten injured, and far more severe than any of the QB's you named.

Kitna is a no, granted he did okay behind a horrible Oline, but he had the tandem of Calvin and Roy...I am scared to see what he'd might do here if we dont have great WR's for him to throw too.

Delhomme is a curious idea, but how much of his #'s were inflated by having Steve Smith?

Why not someone like Garcia? He is a game manager, and was a pretty good one when he was at the top of his game when he replaced McNabb.

McNabb coming here would be the same problem he had all his years in Philly(Aside from the SB year w/ TO and maybe this year) great running game, defense, and oline to protect him, but no weapons at WR for him to throw to.

9. Deuce Wayne

I'm not sure what's so hard about the word "upgrade" to people on this board, but it's always a concept that goes waaay over the heads of too many of you.
    Kitna > Collins.
    Kitna > Vince.
    Kitna > Simms.

Collins = 1 Seed. Homefield advantage. Tied best record in franchise history.

Now upgrade... what does it hurt? Is this really that complicating?

10. Deuce Wayne

My point behind mentioning VY being often injured was that having a backup (in case someone would rather have VY starting) like any of these guys would be much better than Simms. Or vice versa.
    And Garcia would be perfect, but I think Tampa is pretty set on him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar