Jairius Byrd Wants Out

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Sep 5, 2013.

?
  1. Not Interested

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. 1st Rounder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Max - 2nd Rounder

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  4. Max - 3rd Rounder

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

After due diligence and assuming everything checks out health wise, I'd love to have this guy. I'd be willing to part with a 3rd or even maybe a 2nd - assuming they can agree on an extension prior to pulling it off. I imagine we could pretty much offer him Grif's contract and he'd take it...

Now that would be a deal - getting Byrd for the same moula as Grif for just a 3rd or 2nd rounder...

They say Grif will come back strong this year - don't get me wrong he definitely has looked better - but I'm not sure I'm buying it. As for Byrd, he is an elite FS no question about it and would excel in Greg's D as he did in Buffalo.

Link - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/05/jairus-byrd-trying-to-get-the-bills-to-trade-him/

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Michael Griffin straight up :biggrin2:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We probably could send them Griff and a pick

I'd give them Griff and a third.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He has been trying to get out all offseason. Says he wants to be the highest paid Safety in the league. Which could be just a ploy to get out.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ill give my left nut to get rid of Michael Griffin. I have enough kids anyways.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'd give a nut and probably bust one too if we were able to get rid of Griffin and get Byrd.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd even offer of Griffin and a 2nd.

Although, we'd only have our 1st and 4th in the NFL draft; that would suck.

Getting rid of Griffins contract would be awesome. Byrd is also a top-5 safety in the leage and can actually cover, he would completely change our defense.

Won't happen though, he'll spend the season with the Bills.

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Well, we might as well keep this going...

Titans Eternal would date a black chick to get rid of Griffin.

Africa would give your food back to get rid of Griffin.

China would let you make as many babies as you want to get rid of Griffin.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Flyyyyyyhighhhhhhhhhh freeeeee Byrd yeahhhh.

But unfortunatly the coaches still don't think Griffin sucks, so it won't happen.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I'd pass mostly because we need to start shedding some cap room for all the young talent we have on defense. Most likely you'll see Griffin get cut if he plays poorly this season or he'll restructure his deal and that's fine by me. He played pretty well in the preseason and if that carries over in the regular season then he will be an okay safety that is still over paid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar