Pre-Game Thread Jaguars @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Roos/Mathews/Jones/Hutchinson/Stewart

Getting Barrett jones might be tough in the second round tho...

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I agree. If we have a good OL, then I think CJ is back to a dominant RB. He showed this year he still has the speed to get the big runs. I am honestly impressed that he got to 1000 yds playing behind this terrible OL and starting his 1st 3 games not breaking 30 yds lol. Get him some good blocking upfront, and he will be a top back.

With a top running game, we won't be behind in the down and distance as much as we were this year. No asking Jake to try and convert 3rd and 15 about 5 times a game, he should also get more time and not run for his life ever other play. We will be able to let him make easier throws and we will be able to control the clock more by moving the chains. This will keep the D off the field and rested.

Revamping the OL improves our Running game, passing game, and Defense IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

THEN we can easily determine how much Locker sucks... maybe not at all.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Jake is at least on the same level as Russell Wilson. He's no Luck or RG3 though.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Exactly, I can't judge him this year.

He started out OK, and by the Lions game he was looking pretty good. Then he gets injured ... by the time he comes back his OL is trash, he has a new OC, and the season is just about through anyway.

Get him a new OC (at least, hopefully new HC too) and a good line. If he can't perform well, then he will have no excuses and we should move on.

6. Clark

Wilson is proving to be as good as rg3 and luck. They all have different ways of getting it done, but he's making it happen.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

We've made the investment in Jake. We have to cultivate that investment and help him succeed with a good Oline. If Jake sucks for sure... we look for a new QB after next season - possibly better options then, anyway... none right now, really.

We'll have a good core for a new QB then, for sure.

8. Clark

I'm pretty sure we could scoop Mallett up for our second.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Get rid of MH... that'd work. Competition for Locker. Wouldn't mind Mallett.

But, without a good Oline... wouldn't matter.

Get a good Oline and that will make for no more excuses - at all - for Locker... either from him or fans. If he doesn't work out, the next QB will have a good line to throw behind.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Clark

I'm still on board with that. I still think we need legit competition for locker tho. Just throwing him the keys has been a bad strategy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar