Jags' primary issue on D? Del Rio sees 'eye violations'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky What's wrong with the Jaguars defense?

That's been a popular question this season. We've talked about how Drayton Florence came up well short of expectations, how they've missed Marcus Stroud, how some key linemen are too old and others too young and how the linebackers have been too easily blocked.

But Jack Del Rio offered a good assessment in a conversation with Jacksonville reporters that hit on another broader and more vital issue: Discipline.

Here's what he said:

I think the last four or five weeks we've settled in and played a little better defensively than we did to start the season. I still believe that eye violations are really the primary culprit, some of the shortcomings that we've had defensively. We absolutely must have guys with disciplined eyes on what they're supposed to see, everybody going together and reacting based on their assignment. And then it just becomes down to a matter of ability, and I think when we have done that and played with good eyes and have an understanding of where we belong I think we've been pretty good. And when we haven't we've broken down and allowed some easy plays and that's the primary focus for us defensively, to get that fixed. You just can't play great defensive without it.

More...

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

eye violations?

It isn't easy to stay eyer to eye with Del Rio.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar