Jags one step closer to moving to LA; 800m in funding approved

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

It's actually a completely private venture. Private land and stadium. There is still a lot of money floating around in SoCal. Majestic Reality is actually owned by Ed Roski and his family who essentially developed/founded City of Industry back in the 60's when it was just pastureland. Roski's family own the NHL L.A. Kings, a piece of the lakers and developed Staples Center for the NBA.....They also own the majority of undeveloped land in the LA Basin, which is substantial. They already announced this program (do a search) a year or two ago and said the money is in place for a stadium/entertainment complex, but they not actually build it until they had a commitment from a team.

Now that the governmental concerns are past.......it's a matter of finding an owner willing to move to LA. Once there is a commitment from a team, watch out, in 2 years there will be NFL back in Los Angeles.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well now that ESPN said so it must be true

4. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Don't discount the Buffalo Bills interest in leaving their area.............That would make re-alignment difficult.

HOWEVER..........My guess is IF the stadium were built in the LA area, The Chargers are the obvious team. They started in LA. They've been embroiled in a stadium issue for a few years plus they have a fan base in the Socal market. Alex Spanos (owner) is well known throughout the local market. My guess would be the Chargers coming to L.A. No re-alignment needed. stay in the AFC West.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:doh:

But you'd understand how I could forget SF, right? :ha:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

SF are on their way to 16 - 0 :brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar