Jags lose another safety...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The jags released Donovin Darius. Didn't they lose grant this offseason as well? That Defense isn't going to be nearly as tough... I really haven't paid much attention to the jags this offseason, who are the replacements at safety?

2. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

Well they drafted Reggie Nelson...not sure who the backups are.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Yeah, I know nelson, should have mentioned that the first time around. Thanks.

4. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Gerald Sensabaugh is the replacement....he's no slouch
    That D is still gona be real good, Darius was losing a step

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

yea, they should still be pretty good - their 2 DTs are the core of their D.

6. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

This just means the Titans will sign their 800th DB in an attempt to salvage some skills lost with the Pacman suspension....lol I like darius but he is older and slower and very injury prone, that all being said he'll be found in New England they like solid washed up players lol. If this happens I want full psychic credits lol.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Darius is done..

About to turn 32 he has had some injuries of late that may have ended his career. Broke his ankle in 05 i think. Let's just hope to God reggie nelson isn't the stud we all know he will probably be.

Jack del rio isn't dumb enough to try and make him a corner is he?

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he was dumb enough to try to make mathis a FS for a handful of games his rookie year.

9. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Funny. Mathis WAS a FS in college. And now people are accusing our coaches of being dumb for doing exactly what you are saying Del Rio should have done from the start. So I hope you aren't on the "Griffin shouldn't be playing CB" train.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yep..

6 games at FS to be exact. At least del rio got it right after then.

Of course that was an issue for mathis before he was drafted. What position would he best suited for since he played at little bethune cookman and it was hard to project him at the nfl level. In griffen's case we know the guy is a hell of of a safety and that's all he has ever played at texas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar