Jags @ Colts Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BudAdams, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

What killed was their decision to kick the FG on fourth down... no one seems to be questioning that decision, why? They'd been racking up rushing yards the entire second half, and had it on 4th and 2 on the two, why not rush it on fourth down? If you get it, you win the game, hands down. If you miss it, you've got the colts backed up on the two, much better than your odds if you're kicking off to them! There wasn't much difference between being up by 3 and up by 6 there. Play to win! A bad call, and the Jags deserved to lose that game. Glad they won though.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think I agree with you there. I mean the call ended up winning it for them. The Colts marched down the field on them and only would have needed a FG to send it to overtime.

Being up by 6 they forced the Colts to try for the endzone but also gave them a chance for a win by FG if the Colts did manage it.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That's how it worked out for them, but only because the Colts scored so quickly. There was just a little over 2:30 left when they gave the colts the ball. If the Colts had been smarter they would have tried to get an extra rushing down in there at the goal line. It worked out for the Jags, but I don't think it was the smartest move. Then again, I almost always think that you should play for the win. I was really impressed with the Texans' decisions to go for it on fourth so much this week. They were all the right call, because they needed a TD badly enough. If a couple of those had gone the other way it would have been a VERY different game.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Either way the Colts needed to go 70 yards (approx) it was just a matter of where they started with the ball.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

good point

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar