Jags boost draft pick total by moving McDaniel

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>Jacksonville has a lot of holes, and not so many draft picks.</p> <p>The boosted their total to&nbsp;seven on Thursday, trading defensive tackle Tony McDaniel to Miami for a seventh-round selection, according to ESPN.com' senior writer John Clayton. It's unclear which of the Dolphins' three seventh-round picks the Jaguars are getting - Miami has picks in the round from Cleveland and Carolina in addition to its own.</p> <p>McDaniel played in 10 games, starting three for the Jaguars last season, which he finished on IR with a toe injury. He was part of a group the team hoped would effectively replace Marcus Stroud, who was traded to Buffalo. But production from the spot was not good and John Henderson did not have a good year with Rob Meier, Derek Landri and McDaniel getting the bulk of the work</p> <p>The position ranks as one of the team's big draft needs.</p> <p>The Jaguars are without their original seventh-rounder in the draft. The eighth pick of the seventh round belongs to Tampa Bay from a trade.</p> <p>They are <a href="/blogs/afcsouth/0-8-64/Code-breaker-projects-compensatory-picks.html" target="_blank">projected by an expert</a> in the compensatory draft pick award formula to get another seventh when compensatory selections are announced, likely next week.</p> <p>http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-8-64/Code-breaker-projects-compensatory-picks.html</p> <p>A review of their picks before compensatory selections are awarded at the back end of the third through seventh rounds.</p> <blockquote> <p>First round -- Eighth overall<br /> Second round -- 39th<br /> Third round -- 72nd overall<br /> Also:<br /> Seventh in the fourth round.<br /> Eighth in the fifth round<br /> Seventh in the sixth round.<br /> Either the fifth, 23rd or 28th pick of the seventh round from Miami.</p> </blockquote>

More...

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I bet Jags use the 8th pick on Jeremy Maclin WR.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I say they go after a cream filled pastry treat

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

How much?

The Jax are as bad as we are when it's about drafting/signing FA WRs.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i bet you my wife for 1 weekend.

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

akward

[​IMG]

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Great, a bet I don't wanna win.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar