Jags and Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Dec 9, 2006.

?

Who Wins Colts at Jags???

Poll closed Dec 11, 2006.
  1. Colts

53.8%
  2. Jags

46.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

Folks....it makes me nauseous to even think this, much less say it, but.....

We have to root for the Colts, here.

:barf:
    [​IMG]

There's a very slim possibility that the Titans could make the playoffs....but every scenario depends on the Jaguars losing at least two of the four games left on the schedule.

A Jacksonville win puts them one step closer to a possible wildcard berth, and seriously harms the Titans' hopes.

But if the Jags lose and the Titans win, then we're only one game out of second place in the division....and next week's game becomes a serious showdown, with potential playoff implications.

Look at it this way. I realize that we're physically incapable of rooting for the Colts to win....so let's just all agree that we want the Jags to lose.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:thumb:

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think I could catch Marvin if it was for a bucket of KFC. I loves me some chicken :tailgate:

I'll guess the Dolts take it.

4. If you're a titans fan, you want the Colts to win this. The Titans aren't out of the playoff hunt yet. Win out and we'll be in business.

5. For once, I'll be physically capable of rooting for Bobblehead Manning. I hope he licks his fingers walking onto the field with 1 minute left down 1 point. When he licks, he usually wins. :moon2:

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the jags give up like 7.8 points per game at home this year. the defense held the colts to 14 points in their last matchup, the game changing play was a punt return for a td by terrence wilkens.

im picking the jags in the upset.

7. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

That's it! That's the ticket!

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

So do I.

I pick them this week. :))

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

This is pretty crazy. We could win the division if the Colts lose, and we beat the Jags and Texans. We have a +2 margin in head to head competition. But if the Colts don't lose, we don't have a chance for a wild card.

10. Nine

Nine Starter

Huh?

The Colts have already won ten games...if they lose out, they finish 10-6.

If the Titans win the rest of their games, they're 9-7....still a full game behind the Colts.

The Colts' record no longer has any direct bearing on the Titans, win or lose; the Jags are a different story. If the Titans win out and the Jags lose two of their last four games, then they're tied at 9-7. They split head-to-head, but the Titans would win the tiebreaker by virtue of their 4-2 division record. (The Jaguars already have three division losses....one to the Colts, and swept by the Texans.)

The Titans' biggest problem is that there are so many other teams ahead of them in the wildcard race....Broncos, Chiefs, Jets, and Bengals. The Jets have the easiest record down the stretch, and will likely sew up one spot. This means that everyone else is fighting for a single spot....and a lot of pieces have to fall in place perfectly for the Titans to even have a shot. (And keep in mind...the Steelers and Bills are in basically the same shape as the Titans, so they could be added to the mix, as well.)

But they do have a shot, and control their own destiny to some extent....which is a helluva lot more than anyone expected after the loss in Jacksonville. :wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar