Jacob Bell...wonder how Munch feels about him

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Bell was one of the late rounders that Munch turned into a multi-millionaire. Bell did a tremendous job for us. He was great at getting to the next level and sealing off the Lbers. During his time with us our running game did very well with both Chris Brown and Lendale White having 1000yd seasons. Obviously you can't give him all the credit for that but he was very solid. Not sure how he has done in St. Louis, but I would think that Munch might have interest in bringing back a guy that he knows and also would think that Bell would want to come back and play for his old position coach.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Bell amano'd last year.

(BTW, Amano is a new word word suck)

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

STL totally overpaid for Bell and he fell off once he left. And he's been injured quite a bit too so I'd say no thanks.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would only bring him back if he knew that he would be a potential starter, but mostly back up. Would not hurt to have them both competing for a starting spot. Could turn out well for everyone. Not opposed as long as the right conditions are met.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jacob Bell is not going to be a Titan.

6. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Not in the games I saw, which was all of them.

The Titans let Bell walk because he was mediocre at best.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We let him go because we couldn't afford to pay an OG over 6mil a yr.

I think if you go back and rewatch you will see that he was the key guy who sprung Chrissy Brown for a bunch of his long runs.

8. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

The Titans let him go because they (and presumably Munch) thought Amano could do just as well, if not better.

Chrissy Brown only had one decent year (2004) and Bell only played that year because of Zach Piller's injury. The following year, when Piller was healthy again, Bell was back on the bench. Bell finally won the starting job in 2006, by which time Chrissy was the third-string RB.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Funny to me looks like we are paying amano nearly that. No Jacob Bell please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar