Jackie Battle fined for Running Over Texan DB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

All the players should come out on gameday wearing granny panties and lipstick. Would be funny watching Miss Vagina try to fine them all for being disrespectful.

2. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

Just go ahead and break out the Nerf and flag belts.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

The players are wrong.

Voluntary assumption of a known risk. Look it up. Apparently, I'm better than the nfl lawyer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Just a season ago, Gray called his defense out. He said he wanted them to make hits and not worry about fines. Michael Griffin openly complained about fines, but went on to get fined the very next game trying to make plays as Gray asked. We saw more intensity over a couple games and then it died with more fines. It has a painfully obvious impact. Even if Pollard pays it no attention, there's a lot of defense in front of him that does.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

McDonalds had to settle the coffee lawsuit for hundreds of thousands of dollars, but they still serve hot coffee today. Yes, they have to make a better effort to let retards know that hot coffee may burn them but they didn't change the product in the cup and the NFL is making a mistake in changing the product on the field.

Boxing gloves increase the chances for concussions. They protect your hands, not your brain. They increase the chance for concussions because your fists are now heavier, and because you won't break the skin of your opponent's face as easy, which would lead to the fight being stopped sooner and your opponent not taking more shots to the head. Back in the days of bare-knuckled boxing, boxers were always breaking their hands.

6. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Why do you think that the NFL is the big target for athlete safety? While there may be merit to some of the most dangerous illegal hits.. at a certain point you just have to say, "hey.. it's a collision sport!".
    Why do you think the same sort of scrutiny has not been directed towards any sort of fighting sport.. boxing.. mma.. etc. Neither has the safety train really run over the NHL yet... YET (i hope hockey remains obscure enough that they wont get dismantled).

Do you think it is just because American football has such a bright spotlight shined on it that EVERYBODY and the freakin' momma has got to have an opinion and get involved to "improve the game" by making just about any big hit illegal? Maybe it's all the lawsuits that have been filed against the NFL with the intention of protecting future players of the game and totally not merely a money grab at all :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just that greed and envy have found a way to hide behind a curtain of political correctness and moral justice while it slowly guts the sports that we all love the most.

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

great post razorback.... I agree with you, I think it is mostly about the money. No player can tell me that they didn't know what they were getting themselves in to. You can put rules in place but these hits will come. I feel if you don't want to get hit, then you don't take the money..... plain and simple. If you can blow these millions of dollars before the end of your career and need more money and sue the nfl for the hits you take then shame on you! A lot of workplaces have safety issues..... I work with airplanes every day, and that equipment can kill, luckily I haven't seen it but I have herd stories and I have seen some bad injuries. JUST LET THEM PLAY BALL!!!!

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Battle did it again today. So did Ronnie Brown and Ryan Matthews. Lets see who gets fined.

I don't think I've seen any of these plays get flagged as of yet.

9. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Matthews may have tried to imitate Battle, but Battle's was much more badass. Dude is a truck lol.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It's impossible to officiate. The officials are told not to throw the flag unless they are lined up with the play, aka standing behind the defender or ball carrier to see the actual targeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar