Jackie Battle fined for Running Over Texan DB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Remember when McNair got knocked into a metal equipment box?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Locker slid out of bounds against the Texans and a Cushing dove after him. No flag. No fine.

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Without the players lawsuit, then things would be going on as normal. NFL has proven over the years that they could care less about people getting hurt. It wasnt until the lawsuit that things started getting "ridiculous" to protect players.

Why none of you cant seem to grasp this is beyond me. Did you have too many concussions growing up in high school? How many times does this have to be said before it starts sinking in? RG is ONLY REACTING to the players, and the lawsuit, and the complaints. Cant have it both ways. Hes doing his job correctly, whether any of you agree with it or not.

Yes, it was a new rule change, and even my son said "thats going to be a fine, but it was awesome" when he saw it. My ONLY problem with this, is consistency.

And the league isnt getting ruined, I havent seen a single one of you who have been bitching for years stop watching football for it. Want to get mad? Get mad at the players who filed a JUST lawsuit. People are being permanently affected, medically, because of a sport that can be brutal at times.

I love hard hits, but I would much rather football continue to be played without severely damaging players brains for the rest of their lives. And dont give me that "they make millions" BS argument. Its a weak argument. Every working person in the world should be free of unnecessary dangers in the workplace. Safety should not be defined by how much money you make Theres a reason why boxers wear gloves. Theres a reason why hockey has rules against using sticks. And theres a reason why the NFL is trying to get rid of this concussion problem.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

someone needs to his goodell into a metal equipment box! and yes I do remember that play

5. Alzarius

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I'm pretty sure everyone is aware of this, it's no excuse to take current players' money away by enacting ridiculous rules just to recoup money to pay off old players.

7. Alzarius

THats the type of stuff that needs to be avoided and why they are being so strict.

Wasnt there another time, against the ravens, where Goose and someone else picked him up and dropped McNair on his head?

No flag

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

While that is true, it is not uncommon for many workplaces to have dangers that are not able to be controlled. I work on the ramp for an airlines, and I don't think you want to know how many people get hurt because of things they can't control! We try to make the ramp safe but it simply is a place where people can get hurt. The same would go for pilots. Here is a good example and RIP to all the astronauts lost in the Challenger and Columbia Disasters. Those astronauts knew the risks of sitting on a giant rocket and launched up to space..... my point is you can't take dangers away from workplaces completely so why start fining players like they are now, don't ruin the integrity of the game, these players know what they are getting in to!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Alzarius

If they dont find the players, they will continue to do whatever want, or can get away with.

Dont get me wrong..I LOVE physical football. I like WR's being too scared to catch because they are afraid they are about to be nailed. And thats the ONLY reason I like Pollard, he says screw the fine.. hes going to drill people anyways.

Its misplaced anger. I have yet to see anyone say "F*** those players and their lawsuit". Yet I see "F*** RG" every 3 days. (not that I Like the guy at all)

10. Alzarius

I dont feel the integrity of the game is being ruined. I just feel its being softened up and taking away unnecessary risk. Leading with the helmet, on offense, or defense, is going to be wiped out of the NFL permanently because of this lawsuit. (and the players are NOT in the wrong here)

Its just one of those situations. It sucks for fans, because we love seeing people getting knocked the F out and being too scared to catch the ball. I do, however, completely understand and agree with taking this unnecessary danger out of the game. The issue for me is consistency.... Players need to be able to play. If its intentional, then yes, fine them. If theres a question about whether it was intentional or not, then there should be no fine.

Just like I say to the front office "its not my money", if the players break the rules "its not my money" either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar