Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Jack Doyle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by greenwheel, Sep 1, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. sikwiddit Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,277
    Never said TT was a great Receiving TE. Just said catching pre-season touchdowns against 3 and 4th string players wasn't saying much....TT did make the 53 man roster though.....Doyle didn't.
    This should tell you all you need to know about the importance of catching td passes in the 2nd half of preseason games.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,400
    Is this serious?

Doyle won't even see the field. He's behind Fleener and Allen.
  2. nbtoppers2 Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $339
    TT couldn't catch herpes in a whorehouse. we wasted a 5th on a glorified fullback. Doyle can actually run routes and catch.
  3. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,242

That's a good thing though.
    Scarecrow high fives this.
  4. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,152

Except his most memorable play as a Titans was a drop on a beautiful pass right through his hands.
  5. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,987
    TT caught every catchable ball thrown his way this preseason if I remember correctly. The kid has nothing but upside.
  6. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,242

My personal favorite was in week 2 against the Chargers... dude is wide open and (granted Locker overthrows him) he backpedals for like 5 yards only to fall flat on his ass as he loses the ball in the sun.
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
  7. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,152

That was on Locker but Thompson should have kept running. Also my comment was on Doyle's bad drop in the Cincinatti(?) game.

I am a big Thompson fan but he is still a raw receiver. We need to give him at least 3 years before we start calling him a waste of time.
  8. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,242

It was on both of them. I thought the ball was pretty catchable, but Thompson made it look impossible to reach with his horrible mechanics.
  9. Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Wilson
    Moolah:
    $1,629
    This is what is wrong with this team. 3 years? You have to be kidding right? PS, it is easier to be taught blocking than running routes and how to catch. Doyle had more upside than Thompson.