Jack Doyle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by greenwheel, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sikwiddit

sikwiddit Starter

Never said TT was a great Receiving TE. Just said catching pre-season touchdowns against 3 and 4th string players wasn't saying much....TT did make the 53 man roster though.....Doyle didn't.
    This should tell you all you need to know about the importance of catching td passes in the 2nd half of preseason games.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Is this serious?

Doyle won't even see the field. He's behind Fleener and Allen.

3. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

TT couldn't catch herpes in a whorehouse. we wasted a 5th on a glorified fullback. Doyle can actually run routes and catch.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That's a good thing though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Except his most memorable play as a Titans was a drop on a beautiful pass right through his hands.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

TT caught every catchable ball thrown his way this preseason if I remember correctly. The kid has nothing but upside.

7. RavensShallBurn

My personal favorite was in week 2 against the Chargers... dude is wide open and (granted Locker overthrows him) he backpedals for like 5 yards only to fall flat on his ass as he loses the ball in the sun.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

That was on Locker but Thompson should have kept running. Also my comment was on Doyle's bad drop in the Cincinatti(?) game.

I am a big Thompson fan but he is still a raw receiver. We need to give him at least 3 years before we start calling him a waste of time.

9. RavensShallBurn

It was on both of them. I thought the ball was pretty catchable, but Thompson made it look impossible to reach with his horrible mechanics.

10. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

This is what is wrong with this team. 3 years? You have to be kidding right? PS, it is easier to be taught blocking than running routes and how to catch. Doyle had more upside than Thompson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar