Jack Conklin

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Maker_84, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

Not looking like he'll be available at 15. So what do we do now?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Decker

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Conklin scares me. He looks slow and though I like his mean streak I'd much prefer Decker. Conklin is more of a run blocker and if we're wanting to protect MM8, then Decker is the guy since he's better at pass pro. Decker has also played both RT and LT.

However, something tells me Stanley goes #3 to SD and Tunsil falls to 7 or 8 and that's when JR will make his move.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

5. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Short-term is the 3rd or 4th ranked tackle going to be that much of an improvement over Byron Bell? If he is gone no big loss because the drop off to Springs, Ifedi, Clark, Coleman is not that much, IMO. Just wait until the 2nd round and grab a guy like Ifedi to groom/start, and grab a pass-rusher/DB in the 1st.

#5 Wolverine, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

trade back and get Spriggs later

7. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

no freaking thanks, that would be an awful pick

8. LangeSohne

LangeSohne Starter

Why do you think Conklin will be gone? The only higher pick that brought him in for a visit is the Bucs. The other teams that brought him in for a visit pick below us. I think the mocks are overestimating the run on OT's in the top 10. I think the teams in the 7-14 range will mostly go defense.

If Conklin is there, I say 99% chance we select him, like it or not (I personally like it). If Conklin isn't there, I think our selection will be: (1) one of the other top 4 OTs, presumably Decker, or (2) if Decker is also gone, the best corner or WR available. If (2) happens, I don't think we'll pick an OT until Day 3.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Decker may actually be a br more well rounded than Conklin. But I wouldn't sweat the rumors we are hearing now anyway. The talking heads are just flapping their gums now until the action starts.

10. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

Wrong

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar