Jabrill Peppers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

best player in the draft, Earl Thomas like.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm curious as to where you get this information....

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm tired. But....

Troy Polamalu ran a 4.33

Was the most instinctual player you'll probably ever see, and Peppers lone INT came straight from Santa. Bad comp.

Hes also not great turning and running in coverage... he's a day one sub package big nickel safety who you want running towards the ball.

Aaaaand

Per PFF: Jabrill Peppers in coverage from 2014-2016: 94 targets 58 receptions allowed 6 passes defended only INT was a deflection.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Are those 94 targets vs what type of coverage when he's covering what?

The Polamalu comparison isn't bad as Polamalu was very special attacking from inside the box. Less in 2 deep or in CF. He's a similar type of player. We'll see what the combine tells us about him, but if he goes to the right D, he could be special. If he goes to the wrong D...he will 'bust' if used incorrectly.

7. 615nick

615nick Starter

This dude is an amazing player, that any smart d coordinator will want. I'm not saying he's a better prospect than adams or hooker, but he is a really good football player. If a team with a decent starting 11 on d drafts him, then he will be a huge asset. He can play all over the place on d and can even sub in on o and st. I think he's easily worth a look for us and/or a top 20 pick.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

The most over-analyzed & over-scrutinized player of the 2017 draft season. People are old school and they need to pigeonhole you. They can't do that with Peppers, and it's dropping him down the fan-boards.

Let the guy play Dime LB/SS. Like Byard played a lot for us last season. Peppers isn't traditional. So what? Neither are Deone Buchanan & Deoin Jones, and they're doing just fine. The NFL is changing. Let Peppers come down and cover TE's. Let him play around the Line of Scrimmage.

Get creative and let him play a little offense too. He's an excellent return man.

Top 25 player.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Carp

Carp Starter

I like his versatility, but he's seems more like a great athlete than a great player. Most certainly top 5 in natural ability, imo, but he's very raw. The ability to play multiple positions in college actually seems to have hurt him more than help him, as he isn't quite dominant at any of them.

I wouldn't take him in the 1st round. If we can get a 2nd round pick somehow (and he lasts till then), he'd be worth the risk on talent alone. Not sure he lasts that long, but stranger things have happened. I've seen several mocks that have him falling out of the 1st round.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I will not be surprised to see Peppers drop out the first round.

And if you want a draft a safety to cover tight ends, blitz, play the run. Then I'm all for actually moving Byard to SS where he covered tight ends well last season and was getting pressure while blitzing and was a pretty sound tackler. Then just draft Malik Hooker to play the over the top safety role.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar