I've settled on Cordarrelle Patterson at 10 if he's there

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheSureThing, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im glad you see hes more DHB than Randy Moss.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

ehh I'd rather have justin hunter in the second. He put up better numbers as a receiver than patterson did!

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd love that.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

IF we pick a receiver in the first round at #10 i'd rather have Tavon Austin over Patterson.

Austin has played all four years in college has explosive kick/punt returner skills and he had one hundred catches in his junior year and another hundred catches in his senior year.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Also, Patterson's skillset is no where similar to Moss' what so ever outside of their athleticism. Randy Moss was a deep threat with amazing leaping ability who could go up and catch the ball at the highest point with his hands. Even when double covered he could still go up and grab the ball (aka Mossing); Patterson has never shown this leaping ability in his game tape.

What Patterson does do well is run with the ball after the catch. He is probably the most explosive open field runner I've seen in a while at the NCAA level. Patterson has amazing vision as a ball carrier and kick return that combines with his athleticism and makes him a dynamic weapon. However he will struggle getting open at an NFL level because of his lack luster route running. (Sidenote: To the person who said Terrell Owens was a bad route runner is incorrect. TO may not have been Jerry Rice or Wes Welker but he was far from a poor route runner.) Patterson is closer to Percy Harvin then Randy Moss and would be best utilized pn reverses, screens, and kickoffs until he develops the ability to cut over the middle more consistently.

Personally, I have DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter, and Robert Woods as better receivers on my board and Quinton Patton and Aaron Dobson being good enough that I don't see a reason to risk taking a project at 10th overall

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Now I almost want to see us take CP more than before.

Just to see the board meltdown lol.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Will Justin Hunter be there in the 2nd?

Our 1st 3 picks......Justin Hunter or Rhodes, Jonathon Banks or a WR and Brian Winters.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You want Hunter at 10? Damn dude, thats reaching like a mother

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Hunter at 10 great wisdom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar