I've changed my mind

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I don't think we ever really tapped Steve's true potential until late in Heimy's regime, and I think thats a shame. He probably would have benfited more from a vertical attack, something we didn't see alot of til later. It also didn't help matters the receiving corps he had to work with

I hope he gets another crack at it, purely for Steve's sake
    I still think he's a HOF candidate
    he might not get in his first shot at it
    but, if he's the best QB in a weak class he might get in

makes you wonder though if he wins a Bowl (and plays a few more years) in Baltimore if he'd go in a Raven

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I actively collected them both up until '99
    Steve actually got me interested in collecting football for the first time , until then I hadn't really collected any sports memorabilia since the 80's
    so I had a good time collecting them both.

Eddie was one of the best in the game, and his gear was pretty reasonable ; he was showing every indication that he was going to be " one of those guys ", so I started collecting him too. He had some nice looking cards (for '96 standards)

I ended up with quite a collection of their early years. It's kinda trippy to look through pages of McNair cards that say Houston on them. I even have a few cards of him wearing Vikings uni's. even those Tennessee Oiler cards could have a nostalgic niche some day.

I've stopped collecting for now, thought about getting back into it to collect Vince. but the cost of collecting now and our current state of affairs brings me pause
    I guess I'd be more up for it, if I actually sold off the cards of players I wasn't actively collecting and makes some money.
    Before I stopped, I also went on a rampage for Montana / Rice / Elway / Marino rookies :) I like the older stuff. The new stuff's nice too, but damn the costs of collecting it

3. Yvette

Yvette Starter

I've been told the players don't go in with a team.

By the way, I'm still a #9 fan too.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Lets be real here

Superbowl or not, he isn't playing good. He had one good drive.

5. He came through in the clutch. Classic McNair...

6. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Only when it mattered!

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

doesnt make him a HOF'er

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Gunny you're such a hater :ha:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i still love the guy, but he isn't playing any better then he did here last season.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

What Gunny said.

Love ya, Steve, but you're wearing purple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar