Itunes sync to something other than Ipod?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bobo, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I have a LG phone that I use to play MP3's so I was wondering if I could sync songs from Itunes to it. Syncing from WMP has some problems for certain things that I haven't been able to fix :-/

2. No, it's designed to work specifically with Apple's hardware.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Oh well. I guess things would be cool if I could figure out wth is wrong with certain tunes on WMP, I really have no need for Itunes.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Not quite, Star.

The phone, when plugged into the computer and set to data mode, is seen as being an external hard drive.

Open that device into it's own window. Drag and drop mp3's from a second window.

When disconnected, find the phone's option to refresh the library. It will then play the mp3s.

What WON'T work is playing an iTunes protected .aff file or .m4u. But any other mp3's (imported from your own cd's or dl'd from a p2p network) will play.

5. That's all true, but Bobo asked if iTunes can sync to it. It won't.

You can drag music files straight from Windows exactly the same way as that.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I tried the drag and drop thing for a MP3, but it said that type of file was not supported by my phone. I can sync through WMP (MP3 files), so I guess maybe it converts the files to whatever the phone will accept?

I think I bought a little package with the phone that allowed it to sync with WMP (a usb cord and maybe a disc iirc).

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

You have a phone that plays mp3's so obviously that type of file IS supported by your phone.

But that's one of the many things that i friggin HATE about Windows: the constant railroading into using X install disc to make X work which will probably cost more money to unlock X program.

Your phone is an external data storage device. Neither the phone or the computer cares what you put into it. Any other step is inviting failure, as far as I've ever experienced.

I'm guessing that installing that sync software--and using it-- put a lock on that keeps you from using anything else. Hmm... that sounds familiar...

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

iTunes = garbo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar