It's up to VY whether or not he wants to be great

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Who are they? I can't name 30 current QBs that would be a better starter then Vince. And you can't compare a back ups QB rating who maybe threw 25 passes all season against Vinces for entire (sophomore) year of work

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Well, there's 32 teams, so there's 31 I'd rather have.

Then I guess your team would beat mine easily. My defense would salivate against you and your QB, as do current defenses when he steps onto the field. In a league of professionals, it usually comes down to who makes less mistakes. Unfortunately for us, Vince and mistakes are like best friends.

Ask the defense if they are happy with Vince's play. I can hear them at halftime of last year's playoff game.... "Hey guys, we just shut out the Chargers IN SAN DIEGO in the first half!! Wooohoo. Oh, but unfortunately Vince and his incredible ability to "make plays" still hasn't made one. Oh well, there's always the 2nd half."

And then at the end of the game, "Well oh well, he will come around I guess. Let's give him 3-4 years until we are all on different teams because we want to win a Superbowl with an offense that has at least a slight bit of production."

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think the defense was saying at kickoff, "We finally have a qb who got us to the playoffs after a long drought of our not being able to support an MVP qb in McNair and Kerry Collins, we finally got a qb who could get us here depiste the fact that 5 weeks earlier we had been left for dead by everyone, yet scraped our but off the tarmac and won a crap load of games to make the playoffs and our qb had 3 100 plus rated games during that stretch. This is fun."

That was a great season. Everyone played well down the stretch to make it happen.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

18 - 11 makes your argument baseless.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

So a QB is the only piece of the puzzle? If Vince was on the Rams right now, he'd be 18-11? He's that much of a "winner." That is what you're saying, giving NO credit to the defense. You are completely ripping our defense if you are saying that Vince is the reason we were 18-11. Vince is the reason we WEREN'T 24-5.

Compare us to the Patriots. We have better defense, just as good O-Line, and up until last year acquiring Moss, they had bad receivers (all unproven anywhere else). What's the difference? They have Tom Brady, we have Vince Young. They have a dynasty, we haven't won a playoff game in quite a while.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I've told you this many times. I'm not sure when you became a titans fan but it must have just been last year. Vince's rookie year we had the WORST defense in the nfl in terms of yards. He won the games for us that year while last year the defense won games for us. And guess what our wins this year have been the defense also. And I guarantee if we keep winning it will be the defense. Our team is not designed to win offensive shootouts so that won't happen. Vince going 8-5 his first year was definitely overachieving. So in theory you believed we could have gone 16-0 last year. This is the 2nd time you've tried to argue that we would have went 16-0 which I will let you know does not help your credibility on football issues.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

So your now comparing VY to Brady? Are you getting that desperate?

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I am firmly under the impression that even if you post something that Nate agrees with he will argue with you

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

When someone is a believer that Vince led this team to the playoffs in 2007, their thinking is extremely flawed to begin. With that in mind, the only person as ignorant as them is me for attempting to make some sense with them. You continue to think that, sir :(

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

ColtKiller, you're in BG too? Wanna ride down tot he game together tomorrow? We have so much we need to talk about - haha!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar