It's up to VY whether or not he wants to be great

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

Let's see.....

Roger Staubach, Steve Young, Randall Cunningham, Steve McNair, Randall Cunningham, Daunte Culpepper....

And those are just off the top of my head.

Each these QB's started out as a "running" QB early in his career. Cunningham and Culpepper quickly blossomed into productive passers, but the rest of them took 3-4 years before finally putting it all together.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

You never actually come back with legit arguments. When others come up with stats or facts which help vy's argument you don't even bother trying to refute them. I talked about eli, now what you should do is tell me why that is not a good comparison. To me they seem like very similar situations except the fact that eli had a #1 receiver, a top receiving te, and one of the best rbs in the league at the time. Eli was also supposed to be a guy who didn't need as much developing as vince.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Ummm- the guy told his coach he didn't want to go back in the game. He then pulled a no-show at his medical the next day. That is like punching your boss in front of your co-workers.

It will take a miraculous PR effort for Vince to win back the locker room and coaches- despite what they are releasing to the media. It was on Vince when he cry-babied his way into this mess, it is CLEARLY on Vince to man his way out of it regardless of the quality of his play.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Sorry, I'm not trying to "argue" I'm just saying what I think, this isn't a debate club, I'm not trying to win you over. We aren't going to change what the other thinks anyways, did you honestly think that or something?

We have a QB that has kept this team from being elite, that is all I know. Now with him gone, we are 3-0 and going strong. Even the defense looks more confident knowing they don't have to bail Vince out from some goofy turnover every other possession or lack of moving the chains.

I hope he makes me eat every word, but I can never see him being a legit QB in this league UNLESS he plays like he did his rookie year and uses hi LEGS. Otherwise, we have the worst passing QB in the league as our franchise player and the face of the team. Not good.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

You want stats, here goes bud:

2007: Vince Young has a whopping 71.1 passer rating, 9 TD's, 17 INT's. His passer rating is good for 50th in the NFL behind the likes of Troy Smith, Andrew Walters, Damon Huard, and Tim Rattay. Essentially worse than BOTH QB's on MOST teams :(

2008: KFC sits 14th at 90.7. Not the best, but we're not asking for the best. We are asking for a manager (which still blows my mind that we drafted a guy 3rd overall to be a "manager").

Amazing stats for a guy who 'LED' us to the playoffs in 2007.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

And manning had a 73.9 qb rating last year in his 4th year and he was the #1 pick.

7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

VY sucks VY is good. This debate (Going back and forth stating ones point), is useless. Like you guys have said, and have said on every post post about VY there is on this board...VY sucks, VY is good........ :sad2:

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I guess Manning isn't a leader either. He kept the Giants from being an elite team and winning the Super Bowl. He really held them back...wait...but that's right...they DID win the Super Bowl.

I love it when nate uses the numbers for Vince's first full year as a starter against Collins' numbers for two games against the Bengals and Texans. I want to win, and I'm glad Collins is managing the games well, but Collins hasn't really played a very good defense yet.

I hope this whole ordeal has a movie-type ending...like the end of Any Given Sunday. (I know, it's not the same situation.)

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I agree that every quarterback has a grace period. I just do not believe that Vince will ever succeed as a pocket passer once his "learning peroid" is over. Other people do. That is simply an opinion and not debatable. And, most that do believe he "led" us to the playoffs in 2007. That is just plain funny and if you want to believe that, there's nothing I can do about it but laugh.

If I was in charge of assembling a college football team today, Vince would probably be my quarterback of choice. However, if I had to put together an NFL team, I can think of at least 30 other QB's I'd rather have.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't think any QB can "lead" this team. We have the best defense in the NFL. The QB play isn't going to affect us as much as other teams. This is true because the play of the Titans isn't any different whoever starts at QB for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar