Its Time To Put VY IN!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vyisgr8t, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:bsflag::huh:

2. Black66

Black66 Starter

I honestly hope that Vince Young never plays another down for the Titans.

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Yea he's 0-1 as a starter in playoff games, let's bench him for the rest of his career. I'm a vy supporter. I don't think he should start this year, but I do think he will be the starter next year. I just don't really understand how you use a 3rd year qb's body of work in the playoffs as a legit reason for him not to play. The reason he shouldn't start in the playoffs is because we're 11-1 with collins not because we're 0-1 in the postseason with vince.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

VY will be a good little boy on the sideline untill his daddy (Fish) calls on him.

5. teegee

teegee Guest

I'm not saying VY should never be the starter ever again. I'm just saying there's absolutely no reason for him to replace Collins this season. The team is winning with Collins -- and, unlike VY, Collins actually has won playoff games in the NFL. In fact, if I remember correctly, there was a huge debate about whether Collins should start last year's playoff game over VY (who got slightly injured in the final regular season game). It wasn't until a day or two before the playoff game that Fisher even named his starter.

To me, the Titans have a better chance getting to the Super Bowl -- this season -- with Collins than they would with Young. What the team does in 2009 and farther into the future is a separate issue.

6. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

hahha i do.

i am sick of seeing a good qb back there for the titans

7. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

There was a time starting QB was Vince's job to lose. Well, he lost it- not based on ability but based on mental toughness. It is now his job to earn back, not only because of his actions, but because the team has excelled without him. Right now we have a starting QB making a backup's salary and vice versa. I agree with Jeff- if we can see what he has learned while on the sidelines in a way that doesn't cost us, so be it. If not, he'll have training camp next year to make his case.

8. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

should the titans draft a qb if one falls to them

9. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Lets completely give up on the quarterback who in his short career changed the attitude of this team after suffering some down years......and completely forget that it was more chris brown than vince that lost us the chargers game.:suspect:

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Next year yes. The 09 draft class sucks unless Bradford or Sanchez unexpectedly declare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar