Its Time To Put VY IN!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vyisgr8t, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Let me get this straight, you want Fisher to bench Collins and put VY in because we suffered our 1st loss? I'll be right back...:pour:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I too am a Vince fan, but I don't think he needs to be in there this season unless KFC goes down. KFC has done a decent job this year and I think he'll be our best bet to go far in the playoffs. I think VY just needs to get prepared to '09 and beyond. Unfortunately, quite a few of Titans fans have completely given up on him already.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Young apparently lacked the mental toughness he needs to deal when things get bad. That's a big part of what it takes to be a successful leader. If he "quit" his team as reports have indicated, he needs to hold a clipboard until he matures mentally.

I think we'll get to see where he is in the final two games of the season if the Titans have home field wrapped up and Fisher decides to give Collins more rest. I hope it happens because I want to see if Young has matured and can be the man next season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

i concure.

5. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

Our loss had less to do with Kerry's play and more to do with mental mistakes (drops, fumbles) and getting outcoached (abandoning the run, failing to stop the short passing game).

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

we'll just let Collins guide us to the superbowl and then we can think about putting VY in...

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

VY's time is next year.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

If we get beat again this year the same way the jets beat us then we really should try VY. we cannot afford to go into the playoffs and have a team simply stop CJ and Collins. Playoff teams will look at any formula that beat us during the regular season in order to beat us in the playoffs.

If we start the 1st Q in a playoff game getting stuffed at the run and getting shut down though the air then we need to make an adjustment in the 2nd Q. we cannot afford to let the defense get in it's grove and shut us down and force us to punt 8 times during the game. We couldnt adjust to the Jets after 4 Q's. only other option is to use VY and confuse the defense, fake toss to CJ and let VY run for 6-12 yards. let them guess who's going to have the ball and it'll open the field up.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It's not crap that VY needs to learn....a lot.

10. teegee

teegee Guest

Have I missed something? Has Vince Young won a playoff game in the NFL?

Didn't think so.

The "paint by numbers" QB, meanwhile has taken 2 different teams to a conference title game and one to the Super Bowl.

VY isn't getting his starting job back this season unless Collins gets injured. The VY supporters really need to accept this fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar