It's Time for the Titans to Get Things Settled With McNair the Right Way

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

If he fails the physical he could be cut. That would probably be the all around best situation if we do not want McNair back. If we label him physically unable to play then I think we dodge the cap problem. I am not positive on that one but part of NFL contracts say the player must be in physical shape to play or it is a deal breaker.

2. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

I would imagine if we fail him the league would give him another physical

3. If he fails a physical from the Titans, we can't cut him. That's the whole point of not wanting him to get injuried in practice...

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I looked it up. He would still hit the cap.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That's the point of giving McNair the physical -- to make sure the team is not held liable if he somehow injured himself away from Baptist Sports Park.

If McNair was found to have an injury sustained from working out at home which resulted in him being unable to play this season, I assume the Titans have every right to reach an injury settlement and release him.

The $13.5 mil already on the books would count against the cap along with the injury settlement money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar