It's time for change in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinBat

AustinBat Camp Fodder

It was posted on at UT board, so don't know if it is true, but I hope it is!

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

why ? when we have such an abundance of backup vets !

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If you can't provide a link, then it's not true.

4. KelvisKblam

KelvisKblam TITANic Nerd

If (or when, hopefully) Fisher is fired or resigns, its likely he'll take most of his staff with him out the door. The new coach will either bring a staff along with him or build one from the ground up, so that would/will essentially take care of three items from your "wish list" in one fell swoop.

The QB issue concerns me because quality QB's are few and far between in the NFL these days. I definitely agree that the window has closed on VY, if we don't know if he's our guy by now, therein lies our answer. As risky as it is, I really want to see the Titans address this by drafting a QB in the first round. I think Andrew Luck might not be available but realistically we might be able to nab Ryan Mallet.

For the record I like the Titans' uniforms and logo, but I wish they'd bring back the OG dark blue with white pants look. Also, for the love of God please get rid of the all light blue combo, they look fruity and it seems like we haven't won a game wearing those in like two years.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I called this earlier in the season, I said the worst thing to happen to us would be another year of "what if" with Vince.

and we got it

Yea he has played great but he as pretty much established himself as an emotional Cheranobyl. He is gonna blow again, I am sure of it. I think it is time to move on and change the way our offense looks. We have the tools in place and it would be a good place for a rookie to come in and learn with CJ, Britt, and a line that should be improved by then.

6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Love the uni's, especially the throwbacks. As far as a change, the entire coaching staff but Munch, and VY would be my wish, just don't believe Bud will get rid of VY. The poster that said if VY is still a ? then we have our answer is correct, it's time to move on. Andrew Luck will go #1 overall to Carolina. There is absolutely noway you pass on a franchise QB like him. Ryan Mallett will most likely be there, as will Fairley, Akukamara, and Peterson if we go defense. This will be the most interesting offseason we have had in a long time.

7. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

If this happens, would Clausen become available? And if he is, would he be worth trading for if none of the other QBs fall to us?

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Clausen would become available most likely....the problem with Clausen, and I say this as a Notre Dame fan, is I do not believe he will ever be a great NFL QB. I watched every snap he took in college, and he just doesn't possess "it". He's also not the leader you would want out of a franchise QB. That being said, he took an absolute beating his freshman year behind the worst offensive line in our schools history, and never complained. He is a very accurate QB, especially on the deep ball. I think if we brought him in as a back-up who could challenge for the job, it would be a good fit.

9. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

You guys as a fanbase are totally falling off the deep end if you looking at wanting to bring guys in like Donovan McNabb, Jimmy Clausen, Derek Anderception, Matt Hasselbeck or anyone like them. You guys are nuts!

I don't believe Luck is gonna make it as an NFL quarterback, I don't see the what is the excitement is all about with him, he made end up moderate at best. I've seen many big, strong-arm athletic QB's come out of college and dead-pan it in the NFL, it happens all the time. Personally I wish him success, but IMO I don't see him as our "savior".

Ryan Mallet = The next Derek Anderson (from a Browns perspective... stay far, far away)

10. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

and btw... no way on changing our logo, it's great the way it is.

maybe a different uniform combination with a more streamlined look, but I love the logo the way it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar