Its Official!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TBaker34, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

It's more likely because Finnegan is a dangerous CB.

The way I feel is this: Could we do better than Hood in the offseason? Hell yes we could. BUT, I wouldn't be disappointed if Hood re-upped with us, and started next season. I'm seeing a lot of people kicking hood in the balls for ONE game he played average. "Hood didn't get a pick? He missed a couple tackles? He's garbage". He played light-years better than Harper in coverage.

What I do know for sure is that we can't have Harper re-up with this team. Starting rookies at corner is usually disastrous. Our second year players won't likely be ready. Who's going to fill that void? There are some guys in FA, but I wouldn't depend on them coming here. Lots of teams could use a decent cornerback and we're not known to even get involved in bidding wars, let alone win them.

If not effectively replacing Hood/Harper means fixing a bigger problem, such as our D-Line, and/or potentially our LB core, then I'm all for it. I do, however, want the better of the two playing, and that is Rod Hood.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed, but it really stinks to have to settle for the best lookin' fat chick at closing time.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

In your opinion Rod Hood is the better of the two. The Eagles, Cardinals, Patriots, Browns and now Titans have all determined he's not good enough to start in the NFL. Nick Harper has played for two teams and he left Indy to come here for money, not because Indy wanted to get rid of him.

Your opinion or 5 NFL teams coaching staffs?

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

First thing's first. Indy didn't try to resign him. They had been trying to replace him for a while, and finally found their guys.

Most players don't come here for the money, unless they are just sitting on their couch without a contract, which brings us to...

Last but not least, your point is very shallow. Players like Tony Brown, who was actually on his couch with football likely being the last thing on his mind, get signed and play well within the system. Being snubbed as a starter by the teams you mentioned is nothing compared to the snubbing that guys like Tony Brown and Dave Ball have had. It doesn't change the fact that they are good football players. I bet Brown could start on a number of teams now that he's been given the proper chance.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Do you even watch the Titans play football? Keith Bulluck is a beast. I know you're riding high on Ray Lewis's nutz, but KB is a ROLB in a 4-3 system, nothing like Ray Lewis, who's an ILB in a 3-4, and KB does his job as good as anyone. Stephen Tulloch had 121 tackles. That's number 13 in the league. Only 12 less then your boyfriend RayRay. Assuming every team has 5 active LB, that means Tulloch has more tackels then 147 other linebackers....top 8%. And that's in a system that RARELY blitzes the MLB, meaning most of his tackles come after beating a block or making a read and reacting correctly. Gerald McRath is a rookie who makes plays of special teams and played decently in place of Bulluck. Even got his first INT today. We need depth, but two of our 3 starting guys are beasts.

Sometimes I think you just talk out the side of your neck and don't even read or think about what you're typing. Well you obviously don't read what you post. This is clear because there's about 10 typos and grammar errors for every 25 keystrokes.

out linebackers suck. everyone one of them.
    lol@you jesse

6. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

7. Carp

Carp Starter

Except that Hood didn't play well in coverage. I'm not kicking Hood in the balls for one game. I just didn't get blinded by his brief good play through his first couple of games here. He was a scrub before the season. And of a sudden people think he's good b/c a good couple of games against terrible QB's.

If Hood or Harper are starting for us next season, expect that side of the field to get burned all year long.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Deon Branch's biggest production of the season by 25%.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

..Uhh yes, he did play good in coverage.

The only passes he allowed went for 5,5,5 and 6 yards.

But suuure. Gotta love it when people pick out 2 plays to bash a guy, and ignore everything else that happened in the game. (probably didn't even watch it)

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And almost every one of his catches came with Finnegan in coverage.

Which sucks to admit, but he was eating Finnegan up.

Hood was covering TJ Housh for most the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar