Its Official!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TBaker34, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Hood's play today, while disappointing, doesn't change my opinion of Harper one bit. I still would've rather had Hood out there over Harper the past several weeks. In a cornerback, poor tackling isn't nearly as big of a deal to me as getting constantly burned by every WR that lines up against you is.

But don't get me wrong, I don't want to see either one of them starting for us next season. That's an area in definite need of an overhaul. Hopefully we get a real baller through the draft or free agency.

Wait a minute guys.... I think I just had the greatest idea ever.... I know this is way out in left field..... but just hear me out.....

WE SHOULD DRAFT ERIC BERRY!!! :yes:

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Did you really just ask for rushing stats to fend for a Corner Back?

Are you Jeff Fisher?

Do you have any idea what a CB's job is?

3. Deuce Wayne

What??...

who said that?

It's pretty simple logic that a CB is going to get more of a pass on missed tackles than an LB or DLman...especially in the backfield.

Deion Sanders. Conversation ended.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So you name one CB who hasn't played in years and that's your excuse?

Hood isn't 1/100th of what Deion was. Deion got a pass because he was so damn good.

Antoine Winfield, Cortland Finnegan, Champ Baily, Charles Woodson. More then enough said.

5. Deuce Wayne

?? Ok.

Maybe you missed that point.

The best corner of all time...was a terrible tackler. Because it's not the most important part of being a corner, no one really knocked him for it.
    It was embarrassing watching Deion try to tackle, but he shut guys down.

Hood covers MUCH better than Harper. They both face-plant and whiff on tackles... so I'll prefer the guy that actually stays with his guy.

6. Carp

Carp Starter

That's irrelevant. Both are below average in coverage. You saw him get picked on all day long and he certainly didn't do a good job responding to it. Hood MAY be better than Harper in coverage. But both Harper and Hood are terrible corners.

It's like saying who is uglier, Rosie O'Donnell or Kelly Osborne? They both are uggies, so what does it matter?

7. Deuce Wayne

Picked on all day long?

He allowed 5 yard passes and was right on his man. He also wrecked TJ Housh, which was cool.

They're both average, but Hood makes the defense better while Harper makes it worse. That's the difference.

Hood is capable of being a solid cornerback. Harper hasn't been for quite a while.

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

I do find it a bit ironic that the thing we pride our defense on is what it seems to be pretty bad at - tackling.

I can't remember how many games I watched where defenders couldn't tackle to save their lives.

And now we're harping on a CB because he can't tackle?

Come on.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

my problem with the gutless tackling by the Titans this season was the lack of accountability. A player, Bulluck for instance, would take a bad angle and attempt an arm tackle and get abused by a RB and not only would there be no repercussions there would be no mention of Bullucks lack of fortitude post game or at anytime except on GoTitans.com

shameless plug

10. Carp

Carp Starter

Did you watch the game at all? Hell even the announcers were talking about how the Seahawks were purposely throwing Hoods way. Hmm......... why would that be? Probably because he's a terrible CB.

There is a reason he was cut twice before he came to us. Hood is not "good" in coverage, nor is he capable of being a "solid" cornerback. He may be better than Harper in coverage, but that isn't saying much. And his tackling skills are perhaps the worst in the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar