It's not about White's quickness

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From Fisher this afternoon:

"We’re facing a lot of line-of-scrimmage issues from the (opposing) defenses right now – eight-man fronts, nine-man fronts, blitzing. They’re not going to let us run. We had 96 yards rushing yesterday and that’s about as good as you can possibly do against that type of front and the commitment to stop the run. It had nothing to do with his quickness or lack of quickness. It just had to do with their defensive front."

So this is a "Chow is an idiot for running repeatedly into nine-man fronts" issue?

:bsflag:

http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=5174

2. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

IMO CB would have come close doubling Lendale yards in that amount of carries had he stayed in.....I don't buy it Fish.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He's a master at the coach speak....just remember not to always believe it :gag:

4. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

:wall: like this.....

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

So I guess this means that we'll see White as a starter for the rest of the year. Just like Hill and Thompson last year.

I've always liked Fisher as a Coach, but I'm getting really tired of listening to his excuses for underachieving players.

6. Just let Chow go. Why is he going away from what worked the best against the Jags defense??? We ran VY in the shot-gun, then ran traps and mis-direction draws to chris brown and lendale white. We ran all kinds of mis-direction plays that the jags didn't know what hit em. I don't wanna hear that the linebacker spy was on VY. BS. The jags stacked the line and we still ran it. We could have done the same against the Bucs, but no! Norm Chow wants to run regualr draws and hand-offs to a SLOW lendale white. Chris Brown came in there his first play off a shot-gun handoff to him from vince and hit the whole for 20 yards. Norm Chow you are the weakest link GOOD BYE

7. reo

reo Starter

That's just Fisher being Fisher, coach speak. Ignore it. He won't come out and talk bad about a player to the media until its obvious that all other scenerios have been tried. Think Jevon Kearse a few years back. Think Chris Sanders and DeRon "Toast" Jenkins and most recently LT to just name a few. Fisher knew what he had w/ all of those guys (Kearse being the best but needed motivation his 2nd (?) year) but he always backed them to the media until he'd tried everything else. Then he'd take a seemly small shot at them through the media. Think Samari Rolle the offseason that Rolle spent working out in Florida instead of with the team... when he couldn't get him to show up he made slight joke about him not being there to the media. Everything Fisher says is said for a reason.

The best example would probably be, as Oilerman just posted on titanscentral, when Fisher backed Eddie during his last years here and was obviously on the decline.

Its coach speak. Ignore it. We'll get to see what Henry's got vs Houston. The only reason for Fisher to acknowledge that he'll probably be active without at first seeing how Brown's injury progesses throughout the week, is that Fisher sees that we need to do something about the RB situation and he knows its time to give Henry a shot.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We have to keep team confidence high even if it is a lie. If you believe you are good, you might just become good. I think the best coaches tell players things they like to hear, "he's the first one into the weight room and the last one to leave, he's got terrific work ethic." knowing full well he isn't, but the player actually lives up to the rep because he wants it to be true too.

I just believe that you have 60 some players and you have to keep the mojo moving forward, and not backward, because it seems to amplify in either direction really fast in the nfl. I honestly believe that Favre believed he was good, when he really wasn't, and that took him to the next level. His confidence kept growing, not shrinking, and before you know it, he was fulfilling all expectations.

With Lendale, we need to keep boosting his ego. Keep him moving forward. And maybe he can turn the corner. Literally.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Exactly idk why he got away from that.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I dont blame Chow, Justin Gage is about to be a starter, the same Justin Gage who was cut from the Bears sorry pass offense.

We should just run a goal line formation, at least then Scafie, our star reciever can get some more touches off a pass, and we can block the 9 man rush when we run

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar