IT'S EDIBLE - random recipe thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Creole meatloaf........

Creole Meatloaf..

2 lbs(1 kilo) ground chuck

1 cup cooked white rice..

1 can campbell's tomato soup.

1 cup trinity(onions-peppers-celery) sup finely diced..

2 eggs beatern.

2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon hot sauce..

1 1/2 tablspoons seasoning salt.[/B][/COLOR]

1 teaspoon black pepper..

Put out meat to sit at room temp for a few minutes to get it warmer and easier to work with. Combine with rest of ingredients and pack mixture into a loaf pan. Press it down good so there are no gaps or air holes. Then place meatloaf in fridge for an hour or so until you are ready to bake.

Bake at 350 for an hour..

Ultra easy creole gravy.

1 can tomato soup

1 can diced tomatoes

2 tablespoons of meatloaf fat..

one large onion-one large green pepper-3 ribs celery-2 jalapeno peppers, 2 carrots finely diced

1 tablespoon tony chachere's creole seasoning.

1 tablespoon powdered beef boullin..

1 tablespoon worcestershire .. .

2 bay leafs..

Hot sauce salt and black pepper to taste..

Saute the vegetables in the fat until soft and add rest of ingredients. Simmer for about 30 minutes and discard bay leafs. Spoon a little of the gravy on the meatloaf during the last 20 minutes of cooking it..

Serve spooned over meatloaf and a side of white rice.. This gravy is very nutritious and inexpensive..

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cajun meatloaf..

Cajun meatloaf

Dry spices
    1 tablespoon salt
    1 teaspoon cayenne
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/2 teaspoon cloves
    1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

1 lb ground chuck
    1 lb "HOT" pork breakfast sausage. A good brand..

1 cup french bread crumbs

1/2 cup catsup

1/2 evaporated milk

1 cup trinity(onions-peppers-celery)

1 tablespoon worcestershire

1 tablespoon hot sauce.

1/2 stick butter

Combine bread crumbs, milk and catsup and let sit for a few minutes. Saute vegetables in butter until soft. Add worcestershire and hot sauce and simmer until thick and set aside and cool. Combine with meat and all other ingredients. Bake at 350 for one hour and serve with beef gravy and rice.

Oh my bad, did i mention that this baby is going to be hot? This is a very spicy recipe that can be toned down by using ground pork instead of hot sausage or mild sausage and omitting ther hot sauce. The cayenne is required!

3. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Do any of you watch the food network? If you do have you seen the new feasting on asphalt. They started at the mouth of the Mississippi River and are working thier way North. I watched them eat alligator the other day in New Orleans. Man, that stuff is great. I would eat that over anything on a cajun menu. We have this one Resturant in Central Louisiana out in the middle of nowhere that covers fried alligator in maranara and cheese. If you ever get a chance to eat fried alligator you should try it.:yes:

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I've had alligator boudin.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Alligator!

A blues bar on beal street in memphis puts shaved gator on top of your gumbo. Man that was good!

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Congrats on losing your whiskey sour virginity!!

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

:truedat: I had to fumble around undressing it.Popped my cherry off an umbrella before I could truly have at it. :yes:

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Whisly sour..

Certainly it can be made with another whisky right? How about some jamesons irish or a decent scotch?

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'm guessing it needs to be a whiskey with a kick. A smooth Jameson's or single malt would be an entirely different flavor.

I wouldn't want to waste such a drink as a mixer either.:yes:

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar